Tuesday, September 5, 2017

6 facial masks I love and how I use them!

Gals!  That's a wrap, summer 2017 is officially in the books!  It's so hard to believe.  It flew by... but I've got a few extra freckles and some dull skin to prove it... of course, along side lots of fun memories we made as a family.  But still.  It's officially time to get this face under control.  I am contemplating a laser this fall and I will likely be getting a professional facial in the very near future. But in the meantime, I absolutely love at-home masks for a lot of reasons and I think they are 100% great at fixing up your skin quickly and easily for less money than professional treatments.

My philosophy on beauty has really shifted over the past 10 years from just grabbing something at the drugstore and calling it good to really branching out and being willing to invest in my face.  Of course, part of that is because my face is so closely tied my business as a blogger - but also because as I get closer to 40 years old I can really tell the difference that high quality products make on my skin.  Wrinkles, creases, blemishes, sun spots and combination skin are all realities and I am working to keep my face in its best shape for as long as I can! Below I am going to dish on my 6 favorite masks, why I love them and when I use them!


Perricone MD, Chloro Plasma*... I have raved about this mask on my blog before here.  And now that I've used this entire jar (sob!) I can attest for the power of this one.  It's great if you are feeling oily or dealing with blemishes.  It soothes and cools down the skin is the best way I can describe it.  You can use it all over your face, or sometimes if I have a blemish or my t-zone is feeling oily I will only treat the areas needed.  I need to re-stock on this one asap!

Herbivore Pink Clay... this exfoliating mask is indulgent AND it works.  Plus I love that it's pink! If you haven't tried a powder mask before they are a little tricky to use the first time, but once you get the hang of it you will love this one.  This is another great one for dull skin that seen too much sun.

Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel*... if you are a frequent mask user and you are ready to take your masking to the next level, this one is awesome.  Use it sparingly and for a short time to start and see how your skin reacts.  This is a mild peel but still QUITE powerful.  Your skin will feel fresh and youthful when you are done. (if you've never tried Juice Beauty products before I recommend this sample set, I use and love all of these and you can try them out for less money)

Perricone MD Firming Foam Mask*... have you tried a foam mask yet? They are the newest craze and are pretty fun!  You rub them on your face and they turn to foam on your skin.  I'm not sure if this makes my skin firmer, but the foam is fun and it leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean in a good way.

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant*... Technically this isn't a mask, but it earns a spot here because this scrub is awesome. I don't do lots of scrubs, but when I do... this is my favorite.  It's in a powder form and you mix it with a few drops of water to turn it into a paste.  The cool thing with this is that if you aren't into scrubs or your skin is more sensitive you can make the scrub as thick or thin as you like. (this one comes in a convenient travel size too!)

Beautycounter Purifying Charcoal Mask... I gravitate to the all natural products as much as I can, especially when they honest to goodness work.  Charcoal is another hot trend in beauty right now and this mask delivers. It's another great option for oily or blemish prone skin and I love how tight it makes your skin feels (granted, it's a little messy in the bathroom).

What masks or treatments do you love? I would enjoy hearing what some of your favorites are right now. Or feel free to ask any questions in the comments if you want more information about how to use them, etc.

*Please note, these items were sent to me free of charge by the brand. I get TONS of products for PR purposes these days, but I don't LOVE or blog about them all. Only the ones I truly start incorporating into my regime.  



 

site design by kiki co.