Monday, January 2, 2017

fun & fresh wardrobe basics for 2017!

Happy New Year friends!  2017 is going to be a really great year... I can feel it already! We've spent the past week sleeping in, overloading on family time, continuing to pull the house together after renovations and in general doing a whole lot of nothing.  It was everything a Christmas break should be.  But now with the New Year upon us I, like everyone else, am ready to snap to attention and start this year off on the right foot.

A big part of organizing myself for 2017 is organizing my closet and my wardrobe goals for 2017.  I'm revisiting this blog post to get my closet refresh going (and boy does it need it!) and I'll be posting a few blog posts this month about what direction I hope to take my closet this year.  Lately I am craving casual pieces with a refined edge to them.  Pieces that can easily be dressed up or dressed down is just what I am looking for in 2017.  Blouses that stand on their own or layer well.  Great fitting and flattering denim.  Sneakers that are comfortable AND cute. Oversized sweaters and sweatshirts. And easy to wear accessories like simple earrings and a classic bucket bag   These are just the types of pieces I am looking to add to my closet this year.

What about you? What are your style goals for 2017? Any new trends you are looking to try? Are you looking to decrease the number of items you own, but go for better quality? Do you need to fill gaps in your wardrobe after a pregnancy or weight loss? I would love to hear! We can go through the process together!

top row: loafers - loafers are having a moment for 2017!striped peplum topbucket bagdistressed black jeansfloral blouse - perfect under a cozy cardigan!

middle row: earrings - I have these and love them!ankle ugg bootsgrey sweatshirtsunglasses - love these wild sunnies for combating snow glare!

bottom row: puffball sneakers - obsessed with these!, skinny jeansoversized cardigancream sweatersmall cross-body bag - perfect for wearing under bulky coats!






 

site design by kiki co.