Thursday, September 15, 2016

my everyday style: best beauty buys with Nordstrom!

I'm the first to admit that when it comes to beauty I have a lot to learn!   Since I sometimes feel lost in the beauty isles, my work-around is to try as many different products as I can and learn along the way.  It's fun to splurge on new beauty products, but not so fun to have invested in a full size product only to learn it's not exactly what you had in mind.  So I have a little secret to "trying" the best in beauty without having to fully commit to purchasing a full size product first.

You want to know my little trick?

I scour the "gift sets" for smaller sizes of the products I want to try... they usually feature several of a brands most popular products at a discounted price and without the potential waste of buying full sized products only to realize they may not be for you.  It never fails that I find exactly what I like - and maybe more! - and THEN go back and buy the full size.  Have you ever tried this?

Take the Bare Minerals "Moxie" lip glosses.  These are one of my favorite lip glosses, I've been using them for a few years. I love how soft they are and that they have a great minty flavor.  But to pick out one or two colors in the full sized tubes leaves me feeling a little lost.  How to choose? They all look so perfect! Enter the gift set of miniature lip glosses (shop similar here)!  Not only do I get to try the colors I wanted, but a few extra too... then I can use them for a few weeks and decide which ones I absolutely love before I go back to buy the full size.  And on top of it all, aren't these little guys the cutest?

I love that Nordstrom stocks TONS of gift sets from fragrance, to haircareskincare, suncare and makeup!  They are the perfect solution for this beauty rookie.  I can try a bunch of new products, find exactly what I love and then repeat the whole process over again!








(photos by Jennifer Ketchum)

Outfit Details:
T-Shirt (similar)

This post was created in collaboration with Nordstrom. All opinions are my own.

Shop my look here:



Shop my favorite beauty gift sets here:





 

site design by kiki co.