Friday, February 19, 2016

my everyday style: last call for faux fur!

Okay, winter may not be officially over... but while I was wearing a plaid flannel shirt the other day I felt like at least the winter clothes have expired a bit. You know what I mean!?!  It's hard to wear a cozy plaid flannel shirt and at the same time peruse all the new spring arrivals at my favorite stores.  At least for me... is that crazy!?!?  Plus, while I love all the faux fur, cozy scarves and plaid flannel... I think I've worn my fair share for the season.

Starting next week I'm going to try and focus more on season-less basics and neutral pieces that mix and match well.  Of course, I will still be throwing a winter coat over it all every morning... but at least it's a start.

Until then... I'm taking one last joy ride with some faux fur today.  This faux fur shawl is such a versatile wardrobe piece. I bought it and a brown one a few years ago and since then I have layered it over dresses, this vest (a few times!), my winter coats and even a sweatshirt!  It's fun to throw on over just about anything during the winter.  But if it's warmer where you live... or if you like this outfit inspiration for later this spring... just ditch the faux fur and this top and vest are perfect on their own.






(photos by Jennifer Ketchum)

Details:
Faux Fur Shawl, Asos (similar or this one is gorgeous!)
Vest, Old Navy (similar or similar)
Jeans, Gap (similar)
Bag, Madewell (similar or similar)
Shoes, J.Crew
Necklace, Gorjana via Rocksbox (get your first month FREE with code: jillggxoxo)


Shop the look here...



 

site design by kiki co.