Friday, January 22, 2016

30 winter wardrobe essentials...

This post is a little late seeing as we are about halfway through winter already, however I still wanted to take time to put it together for a few reasons.  One being, if you are like me you are already getting sick of your winter clothes... this post may work to remind us of pieces we already own but forgot about OR you may still be filling holes in your winter wardrobe and now is the time to do that with many winter pieces on sale now.  The other reason is that this is the perfect reminder that you don't need TONS of winter clothes to make for a cohesive winter wardrobe.  Winter is all about really solid basics like great jeans and sweaters and coats and boots that will keep us warm and stylish for the next couple of months.

My winter wardrobe is the one I really invest in.  Warm winter coats and boots don't come cheap and if you buy right these investments should last several years.  The same goes for sweaters and jeans... I don't want anything that is falling apart, stretching out or pilling mid-season.  Go for investment pieces this time of year and you won't regret it.

Accessories like scarves, a few delicate pieces of jewelry and a great bag or two can go a long way as well.  For bags I like to use a big tote this time of year (easy to sling over the shoulder with all the layers on) or a cross body bag to leave your hands free for mittens or gloves - or a nice warm drink!  And warm socks are ALWAYS in style this time of year... below I featured the pair I can't live without!  High quality snow boots like Ugg and Sorel are absolutely essential for keeping your feet warm.  And for days when it's not too snowy or cold, ankle boots, riding boots or even a pair of sneakers works for looking stylish - if it's warmer where you live or you get a random mild day a gorgeous pair of flats is always nice to have on hand.

This is the season for layering as much as possible, coats or jackets with tops and sweaters and scarves... layer it all on!  Being freezing cold is never in style.  So here are my top 30 winter wardrobe essentials... I hope this inspires your winter wardrobe in a positive way. I know that many of these pieces are similar to items that I own and love and depend on in my wardrobe.


coats/scarves

sweaters

tops

jeans/bottoms

shoes

accessories

Or shop the pieces here...








 

site design by kiki co.