Thursday, January 7, 2016

2016 style resolution: black shoes!

I am quite picky when it comes to purchasing shoes and boots for myself.  Especially since in the last few years I have overall tried to curate my wardrobe more thoughtfully.  Instead of buying whatever is inexpensive or on sale or the latest trend from Target (all of which find their way to the 'donate' pile faster than I would like) I have been focusing on investing in shoes that I not only really, really (really!) love but also that will hopefully last multiple seasons. If a shoe can last two seasons that is good, four or five seasons is even better!  But as you may have experienced or can guess, finding that perfect shoe that fits the budget and is stylish and can last that long isn't an easy task.

I recently snagged a new pair of black mocs on crazy sale at Nordstrom Rack.  But not before humming and hawing a great deal about it.  I literally walked around the store for an hour with them in hand while trying to decide.  But then I had an "aha!" moment.  One really can't have too many black shoes.  Or at least this applies to me.  (Does it work for you too!?)  Black shoes always end up sticking around my closet longer and are also the first color of shoe I reach for on a regular basis.  They simply go with everything and are (almost) season-less. So one of my 2016 Style Resolutions is to remember that black shoes are always good to add to the mix.  Do you agree?

Have you made any style resolutions for 2016? If so... what are they?

Here are some of my favorite black shoes that I either already own... or wouldn't mind adding to my collection!




bottom row: over the knee boots (I've acquired the most awful crush on these!), riding bootshunter boots

Or shop them below...





 

site design by kiki co.