Friday, January 30, 2015

the damage… January 2015!

For the past couple of years I have paused at the end of the month to take stock of my clothing spending for the month.  I call these posts here on the blog 'the damage'.  I am happy to say that after a lot of humming and hawing I have decided to bring this blog series back for 2015!

Up until now I have set my budget at $300 a month and for the past two years I have averaged around $325 a month.  I have been debating what my budget will be this year and I think for now I will stay at $300.  I don't really feel the need to spend much more seeing as this budget has served me well up until now and also my wardrobe is super solid right now, so even if I have a few investment pieces I want to buy this year I also have a lot of staples on hand so it should all work out.  I've said this before and I will say it again… everyone's individual shopping budget is a personal decision. For some $300 may seem like a lot and for others it may seem like not enough. For me it is just right and I share my purchases here to hopefully be an inspiration on how to build a versatile wardrobe within boundaries.

January was mostly a non-shopping month for me… I ordered these few items online during the after Christmas sales but besides that I mostly abstained.  A few exceptions include items I bought recently for vacation and with some sales - but they were all ordered online and haven't arrived yet so it's still TBD if they will fit, etc so I will update you all on those in February!


Cable Knit Sweater, Banana Republic, $89.50 with discounts & coupons was $8.81
Hacking Jacket Blazer, Banana Republic, $150 with discounts & coupons was $18.87
Leather Jacket, Zara, $199 with discount was $119.99 (sold out but similar or similar)

Total Spent: $147.67

Thoughts on the pieces: With my 2015 Style Resolutions in mind, the cabled sweater and black blazer were re-investing in the basics.  I have/had versions of these that needed upgrading so the old ones will get either donated or sold (stay tuned for a way to shop my closet soon!).  The leather jacket has long been on my wish list so I was thrilled to check this one off - and on sale even!

Thoughts on the budget: Can't complain about being under budget! I'll need to use the leftovers in future months… I'm getting really excited to start shopping for spring!

Do you budget your clothing purchases? If so, leave a link below, I would love to check it out!



 

site design by kiki co.