Friday, October 10, 2014

splurge worthy basics for fall/winter!

A well rounded wardrobe is all about balance. Finding the perfect pieces at high and low price points helps to build a great closet while still watching your budget.

Over the years I have found that there are certain items that are always worth the investment.  For quality and for style… these ten pieces will never fail you!

leather shoes… I've never regretted any of the quality leather shoes I have bought.  Sure they are a little more money, but they will end up being much more comfortable and longer lasting.

leather gloves… a great pair of leather gloves is not only a gorgeous addition to your closet, but a warm one!

chambray top… I wear mine chambray top so much that the cost-per-wear is probably the lowest out of all of the pieces in my closet, even though it's at $80.

leather boots… for long mid-west winters a pair of boots that is warm, well made and beautiful will be an asset for your wardrobe.

blazers… many of the blazers I own are several years old and they still get worn a ton.  Invest in great cuts that fit well and you will have them for years to come.

cashmere sweaters… this is something I hope to invest in this winter, beautiful cashmere can last for years when cared for right and will always add an extra touch of femininity and class to your wardrobe.

warm winter boots… warm winter boots that you love will pay you back ten-fold on freezing cold winter days. These will keep your feet unbelievably warm and you won't look like an eskimo wearing them!

leather bags… a real leather bag will last forever. Literally.  I have a collection of a few bags that I know I will keep forever or that hopefully I can pass on to my daughter. I've never regretted spending money on a beautiful bag.

winter coat… treat yourself to a gorgeous wool coat this year.  You can dress it up or down and it's another piece that you will have for years and years to come.

denim… I love to go high and low with jeans. But I always make sure there are at least a couple of kick-a$! jeans in my closet at all times for days when my ego needs a little boost or I have somewhere to be that I want to feel my best.  Madewell's skinny-skinny is my current favorite - but you should find your own favorite!


 

site design by kiki co.