Thursday, July 24, 2014

my everyday style: striped dress combo!

Who me in stripes? I know… monumental. This is the thing. I just wear the stuff I like, not the clothes that I think people will ohh and ahh over.  I don't pull a lot of punches with clothes. I just like what is comfortable and what is easy to wear.  That is not going to make me the most popular blogger but I hope it makes me a relatable one.

I seriously try to keep these outfit photos super real.  As a blogger I have found that it can be easy to try and over do it with the photos or to make my outfits into something ultra styled and nothing like what I would wear in real life.  Or to buy a bunch of new clothes to keep the photos fresh.  But that's just not me. This dress is over a year old - I've worn it here and here - and this vest is from last fall.  But the reason I show outfits here on the blog is to show you that a dress from two springs ago and a fall vest can be remixed into a great new summer look.






(photos by Jennifer Ketchum)

Details: 
Striped Dress, J.Crew (similar, similar or similar)
Vest, Old Navy ℅ - last year (similar)
Clutch, Deux Lux - my favorite handbag this summer! (similar less expensive, similar, or similar with a chain)
Shoes, Loeffler Randall via Zappos ℅ - on sale (or in gold on sale, in black/brown on sale and in silver on sale)


 

site design by kiki co.