Tuesday, June 3, 2014

my everyday style: Hello!

Well hello there! 

Here in my neck of the woods it's the last week of school for my kiddos… which means I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to do all the little projects I should have done all winter but was too lazy to do (like, hey, now is a perfect time to & repaint redecorate the ENTIRE family room in 7 days so it's ready for summer break, riiiiiight!?!?).  Or trying to organize the house to accommodate us all this summer - this is the time of year when our house starts to feel really small, am I alone? Don't forget trying to squeeze in all those last minute work outs before mid-day workouts get permanently put on hold until September.  Oh and scheduling, rescheduling and rescheduling again all the summer camps, babysitters, weekends away and summer vacations that the next three months hold.    Yes I'm being dramatic… but summer is so short and my kids are getting older and older and yes, I admit: I always put a ton of pressure on myself to have the best summer ever.  Which I have a feeling it might be…. I'm going to need a vacation from summer vacation before I know it (actually I think that "vacation" is called September)!  Who's with me?

That is why simple outfits like this one are the order of the day lately… you can't go wrong with a black skirt, plus this one is so airy and simple that it's not only easy to style but feels great to wear as well.  





photos by Jennifer Ketchum

Details:
Cardigan, J.Crew (similar or similar less expensive)
Hello Tee, J.Crew (similar or similar on sale or LOVE this one!)
Skirt, Old Navy
Bag, Madewell
Sandals, Loeffler Randall - ℅ zappos.com - ON SALE!

 

site design by kiki co.