Tuesday, March 11, 2014

my everyday style: a little lilac!

The weather is finally turning a corner here in the midwest. And while there is still tons of snow on the ground the temps are finally starting to warm, the sun is making an appearance again and I can even hear a few birds tweeting in the morning.  All seems right with the world when spring is on it's way.

My closet contains very very little color but one color I always seems to be drawn to is lilac. It's so soft and sweet, but also a great neutral.  I had this sweater on my wish list since it first arrived on the J.Crew website and while it takes some getting used to wearing such a flowy top (especially after layers upon layers all winter long) - by the end of the day I never wanted to take this sweater off. It was so soft and cozy without being bulky or sloppy looking.

One reader left a tip that the sweater snags easily, so to try to be careful with necklaces, etc when wearing it. Duly noted! I went for earrings as an accessory with this look. I think that I probably will wear a necklace with this sweater at some point, but I will be sure to make sure it's one that won't snag too easily.






Details:
Coat (still a few left!) & Jeans, Old Navy (℅) - or similar coat
Shoes, Bag, Earrings, Sole Society
Sweater, J.Crew (if you don't like the longer cut, I also REALLY like this sweater)

 

site design by kiki co.