Thursday, August 29, 2013

my everyday style: a little black dress on a weekday!

If it's necessary to have a little black dress (LBD) in your closet for special occasions then I say it's also necessary to have one in your closet for the everyday too!  I purchased this swing dress way back in the spring and have worn it quite a few times while always thinking I should wear it more.  It's super comfortable (thanks to the crew neck) and easy to wear - and really, who doesn't feel amazing in a swingy little dress?

My dear friend Elizabeth from college took these photos for me after we lunched together recently.  What fun it was to have someone new behind the camera (not that I don't love having my husband do it).  She added a certain air of fun and carelessness to the photos that I think shine through.  Seeing old pals is always the best, no?

One word of caution... watch those swingy dresses on windy days ladies! Next time I'll check the weather first!






Details:
Necklace, DERNG (c/o)
Jacket, American Eagle (c/o)
Dress, Asos - only $30!
Bag, Sole Society
Shoes, Kate Spade (via GILT) - similar
see you around...

 

site design by kiki co.