Tuesday, June 11, 2013

my everyday style: a little tank dress!

With summer in full swing my daily outfits have gone from pretty basic and simple to ridiculously basic and simple.  Take this tank dress for instance... so easy, so comfortable and being that it's bright pink it completely distracts you from it's basic-ness.  Score!

As a child of the 80's I am loving the opportunity to revisit fun 80's trends (neon!) with a more sophisticated take on it.  Matching my neon dress to my neon bracelet was the weekend highlight of my inner 10 year old.  However my more grounded 30-something self was sure to add a nice neutral piece, like this handbag, to balance the look out.

Plus, I figure I better take advantage of this neon trend now... if it takes another 20 + years to recirculate in the trends I may not be up for it then. It's hard to say.







Details:
Dress, J.Crew
Bag, Sole Society
Jacket, Gap (similar)
Bracelet, Ropes of Maine
Watch, Michael Kors
Flip Flops, Old Navy

 

site design by kiki co.