Thursday, May 30, 2013

jgg's necessities!

Every lady needs a few tricks up her sleeve!  Here is the inside scoop on what is putting extra pep in my step these days...


I have a split personality with my music this summer. 
Vampire Weekend Modern Vampires of the City and the Music From Baz Luhrmann's Film: The Great Gatsby are getting equal and plentiful play in the car and my office lately.  If you haven't listened to the Great Gatsby soundtrack yet RUN to get it, it is SO fun and moody (just like the movie!). My personal favorites are "bang bang" and "over the love" - though all of the songs are amazing and the soundtrack is perfectly arranged start to finish.  The new Vampire Weekend cd is amazing. It's the usual VW quirky moody rock and will definitely be the anthems of the summer in our household. "diane young" is forever stuck in my head.

I recently tried a few new face products from the Boots Botanics line at Target and of course, love them.  The Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm sounded so interesting to me and got good reviews online.  Let me tell you this stuff is crazy good. You slather this balm on your face and remove it with a cloth (included) and warm water and it leaves your face clean and luxuriously soft. Apparently hot cloth cleansing systems are popular in Europe, I had never heard of them before.  I am also loving the Rosewater Toner. It smells just like roses and is the perfect dash of freshness for my face this summer.

I'm obsesses with a retro-ish black bathing suit this summer. I just ordered this one online for a steal, especially compared to some of the more pricey options. I like to have a nice one piece on hand for the summer in case an event calls for one.

THESE wedges from Sole Society. I don't usually wear a heel this high except for special occasions, but this wedge is very comfortable to wear. I ordered them to replace the old Cynthia Vincent for Target wedges that I had gotten years ago.  Those had pretty much expired and these are a really great replacement. They go with anything and are easy to wear.  They are perfect to pair with skinny jeans and a tee or maxi dresses this summer.

Confession: I really dislike sunscreen. I know it's a necessary evil and so lately I've tried this sun oil by Loreal and really liked it. It leaves your skin moisturized and is easier to put on than regular sunscreen (plus no random white streaks if you don't rub it in all the way).  I don't think I will use it every time I am at the pool or beach but I am definitely working it into the repertoire.

What fun new finds are you enjoying lately? Dish!


 

site design by kiki co.