Thursday, January 3, 2013

trends to try in 2013: pattern mixing!

Feeling a little "blah" in the outfit arena? Need a little something to spice up your style? Why not try a new trend in 2013.  Sure it can be a little scary (remember when I tried two shirts? I was terribly scared at first, but I loved the finished product!), but trying something new is not only exhilarating, it can also be very freeing... you can always say you tried!

Here I laid out two simple and casual looks featuring a fun trend that you may have not tried yet: PATTERN MIXING!  My tips for pattern mixing is to stick with monochromatic colors mixed with plenty of neutrals to tone the look down a bit and then feature one large print and one smaller print to keep the look from overwhelming your body.  Take a look at my suggestions...


(above: jeans, top, belt, clutch, flats)




 

site design by kiki co.