Tuesday, November 27, 2012

my outfit: the blues!

The grey of November is here.  This is the 17th winter as an adult living in Michigan (I just did that math and it's kind of astounding... I came here from the Chicago area to go to college in the fall of 1996 and never have wanted to leave this place.  Well hello, I'm Jill. I'm old. I don't know if we've met before.) and I confess that I don't know the last time I saw the sun (tragedy, I know).

And every November, even 17 years later, I'm caught completely off guard by how the lack of sunlight affects my moods.  I think they technically call it Seasonal Affective Disorder.  I call it I-Love-Michigan-Even-If-the-Winter-Stinks.  It's a disorder that I can't seem to quit.  So I have to learn how to deal... this is what helps:

- Loud music and dance parties in the living room.
- Lots of Vitamin D.
- Upping the workout regime (I've been a slacker).
- Wearing all blue outfits (ironically) because blue makes me happy and comfortable.
- Lots of tea and books and cozy socks.
- Plan lots of vacations in my head.

What helps if you live in a grey place all winter?







Details:
Blazer, J.Crew (similar, similar, similar -sale!)
Chambray, J.Crew
Jeans, Gap
Boots, Nordstrom  (similar)
Belt, Old Navy

 

site design by kiki co.