Friday, July 6, 2012

weekend style!

It's hard to believe it's the "weekend" as it has seemed like one big weekend for like a week now!

We had a REALLY great Fourth of July celebration with family and good food and fireworks and lots and lots of sweaty heads... we are still in this major heat wave here and while I won't lie, it's HOT... it's also better than snow! I hope you had a fabulous celebration too and didn't find it too hard to stay cool.

This past week my son also had his first (and my first as a mom!) experience with sleep-away camp.  He went to the same camp that I went to as a kid, so not only was it really exciting for him as his first experience with camp... it was also amazing for me to re-visit the camp that holds some of the most amazing memories of my life.  I love the cyclical nature of life like that!  (the first time I kissed a boy was at that camp - eep! don't tell my mom!)  So we really feel like we have been here, there and everywhere!  So anyway, that is just a little of what is going on in my life...

I guess I do need a "weekend" after all!  I'll likely spend a good part of the weekend in cut-offs and a swim suit (again!)... my life seems to be pool, beach, rinse, repeat. I sure can't complain!  How will you spend your weekend?


ps. also you will note that the IT list is missing this week!  It's 'off' today for the holiday, but will be back next week!

 

site design by kiki co.