Thursday, February 2, 2012

my outfit: pop of neon!


A little pop of neon in the form of a pair of earrings was the perfect addition to this otherwise simple (boring?) outfit.  I probably don't show pictures of this outfit combo (jeans, button up, sweater) on the blog as much as I wear it in person.  For winter it's been my go-to for warmth and comfort.  Plus, it's a total mom-friendly outfit. Some times I gotta go all "mom".  What can I say?


So I know this is the age old question... but, do you tell people you blog? In general, I don't. I know, I know. My husband bugs me about it all the time wondering why I don't just tell people.   And then we'll be at a party and I'll hear him say across the room "my wife is self employed" or "my wife works from home" and I give him the old neck-slice move quietly.  Or he told me the other day he told another mom at soccer practice that I blog and that she wanted to ask me a few questions about it all. And I ask him what the heck he did that for! I don't know why. I'm just shy about it or something.



But I think the cat is going to be out of the bag soon as I have some blog related travel coming up and it's hard to explain at school pick up or to your gym buddies why you are suddenly dashing away for days at a time without your kids and husband - and no, it's not a vacation.  Um, personal retreat?


Details:
Sweater, J.Crew
Jacket, Gap
White Top, H&M
Jeans, Gap
Shoes, Steve Madden (similar)
Earrings, Kensie (courtesy of) - Kensie products will be available at Macy's and Lord & Taylor soon!

Here are two other fun ways I've worn neon:



 

site design by kiki co.