Monday, October 31, 2011

my outfit: patches!

As promised from my previous tutorial: How to Make Leather Elbow Patches... here is the finished product! I love the way the leather patches turned out and also that I breathed new life into this sweater!  It feels like a completely new piece in my closet!


I am the worst person at diy's ever... I'm so impatient and an endless perfectionist.  Those two things don't add up well for diy.  But I can definitely see the draw... it's fun to have little projects like this come together.  It's a rush!


Do you have any fun diy projects for your wardrobe? This summer I tried dip-dying t-shirts... ummm, can you say dip-saster? I've also tried making rope necklaces. Just hang me (pun)... forget about it.  Don't forget the half finished friendship bracelets I have sitting in the drawer.  No wonder I don't have any friends (kidding). I used to love to knit and would be knitting up a storm constantly... maybe I'll have to pick that back up again.  I could totally make one of these... and quite frankly I should!


Dish... do you diy?



Details:
Sweater, J.Crew {leather patches by me} (similar)
White Top, H&M (similar)
Jeans, Seven for all Mankind (similar... but I got mine cheaper at GILT)
Boots, Minnetonka (similar)
Watch, Fossil courtesy of Nordstrom Rack
Ring, Forever 21 (similar)

 

site design by kiki co.