Tuesday, September 13, 2011

my outfit: fall fancies!

I have really loved reading all of the things you gals are thankful for (here)...  so many of you are thankful for family and for FALL!  Me too... This past weekend was pretty warm, but that didn't stop me from indulging in my favorite fall activities.  Like blazers (with shorts, of course!), a visit to the local apple orchard, a homemade from scratch apple pie, soccer with my kids, football watching and shopping for new shoes for my son (quintessentially fall - remember getting new kicks once school starts!?!? LOVE!).



And now my favorite part... sending the kids back to school on Monday.  Monday through Friday is the new "weekend" for me...  so while my husband was dragging his bottom back to the office, I was running through my house jumping on the beds shouting "I'm FREE!" Just kidding. Kind of.  And if that sounds harsh, I've been pretty much crying in my coffee all summer long.  It's all relative.


I'm not going to lie, I'm not one of those moms that gets sad about sending her kids to school.  Balance is everything for me and time away from my kiddos makes me a better mom.  Also... they have a blast at school.  It's win-win.




 I was recently invited to Nordstrom Rack to check out their summer clearance and fall goodies!  I had a blast perusing the store and picking out some fun pieces to add to my wardrobe. Don't you just LOVE Nordstrom Rack!?!? They seriously have the best deals there, I am always amazed.  I scored this gorgeous rose gold Fossil watch there and some other goodies you will see pop up on the blog soon as well.  Have you been there recently to check out the fall goods?


Details:
Blazer, American Eagle (similar)
Top, Target (similar)
Shorts, DIY'd (similar)
Bag, Cambridge Satchel Co.
Sandals, Forever 21 (similar)
Watch, Fossil via Nordstrom Rack courtesy of Nordstrom

Goods were provided to me free of charge from Nordstrom - my opinions are my own. 

Check out what's up in my blog world lately:


 

site design by kiki co.