Monday, August 15, 2011

my outfit: delightful layers!

I'm back! I'm back!

I'm back from vacation... I'm back to taking outfit photos AND I'm even back with the latest looks:book (you did see the launch for that this morning, right!?!?)  It feels really good to be back.  That is why I just LOVE vacations!  It's so nice to get away from "regular life" for a while and equally nice to get back to normal after all the fun. I am a person that strives on a schedule and routine and so I'm happy to be back in the saddle!


And with the summer days waning I've got this thing where I am eager to wear all my favorites as much as I can before the summer is over.  Do you have that!?!?  I was just looking through my closet trying to decide which pieces haven't been worn enough and which ones I will be the saddest to not wear when it gets cold out.  This J.Crew warm mustard top seemed like the perfect seasonal transition!


So these last couple weeks of summer will be the "best of" of sorts.  Or that's the plan, any way.


Oh, and I also got my new Warby Parker glasses (they are Warby Parker Huxley in Hazelwood) right before I left on vacation. I love them and have been wearing them quite a bit. (as seen here)
I went with the Huxley style - LOVE!
I love that with Warby Parker you can try them on at home or do the Warby Parker virtual try-on... LOVE!
Ordering was SUPER easy (after my eye exam with my doctor) - LOVE!
And the best part is that since I am practically blind (true story) they offer thinner lenses to avoid the coke-bottle look for an extra $25 (you bet I jumped on that) - LOVE!
Did I mention they arrived in just about a week and that they came with a great glasses case? - LOVE!
Also, WP isn't sponsoring me to say any of this. I actually just love them that much. I'm already scheming about another pair!



Details:
Glasses, Warby Parker "Huxley"
Mustard Top, J.Crew (similar style)
Gingham Top, Old Navy (similar)
Shorts, DIY'd (similar)
Sandals, Forever 21 (similar)
Bracelets, this one and this one both courtesy of Stella & Dot, and this one from Fossil (a birthday gift!)
Nail Polish, Flirt by Essie

Check out what's up on my other blogs today...


 

site design by kiki co.