Monday, May 2, 2011

my outfit: getting dressed.

It's Monday and I've been gone all weekend.  Bullet points are definitely in order:
  • Getting dressed at 6pm on any given day, in my book, is still 'getting dressed for the day'. It's just, um, fashionably late or something.
  • Turquoise necklaces always help an outfit out.


  • Jeans with holes in them are infinitely more comfortable than those without.
  • If you have to get dressed late in the day. Go with holey jeans. It adds to the mystique.
  • What 'mystique'? Well, I don't know exactly.  That's the 'mystique' part.


  •  Wearing sandals is very awesome.
  • Finding left-over champagne in the fridge that still has bubbles is even awesome-er.
  • Especially after a day that included cold showers because the hot water heater up and broke and the roof leaked from the endless rain here.


  •  On the topic of awesome, when it rains all day and then stops and the sun shines: also awesome.
  • Cuffing skinny jeans: super awesome.
  • This post is very 'awesome'.


  •  Extra bracelets make up for the fact that you were just wearing yoga pants all day, well, until just a few minutes ago.
  • Bad news: my hair has some serious color problems.
  • Good news: I am trading my hair stylist wardrobe consult services for hair services.
  • The crazy things that my kids were doing 'off camera' while we took these pictures will not be mentioned.  Seriously!?!? Where are their parents?
  • Oops, that's me.
  • When taking pictures after dinner I need to remember to suck my stomach in... Ugggh, you can practically see that big 'ole calzone in my belly.   
  • Speaking of calzones, yum.

Details:
Necklace, Charlotte Russe (similar)
Top, Gap (similar)
Jeans, Gap (similar)
Sandals, Forever 21 (similar)
Bracelets, Forever 21 (similar)

 

site design by kiki co.