Friday, April 8, 2011

what to wear: royally speaking.

Hands up if you are a super-nerd like me that is drooling over any of the nuptial news on the royal front? (I'm here with both hands up...)

It's borderline silly and makes me feel a bit like a 13 year old.  But this is Wills here people, WILLS.  He is super handsome as far as royalty goes (have you seen his dad - eek!) and when the handsome prince actually chose a brilliantly gorgeous princess-to-be - well the stakes became outlandishly high.  They are likely to be THE couple of the decade if not the century and while the wedding is oh so very interesting to me, I also look forward to seeing the princess and perhaps-future-king as they begin to modernize the idea of royalty in England - fashionably, to boot!

Any way... I thought I'd do a different take on my usual Friday afternoon posts for the next couple of weeks and take the opportunity to do some royal daydreaming.

Today we will discuss what to wear to Kate's bridal shower...
Next week, April 15 we will discuss what to wear to a proper I'm-almost-royalty bachelorette party...
April 22 we will discuss what to wear to the wedding ceremony at the church & the tea following that is hosted by the Queen.
And lastly, on April 29 we will all imagine what we are wearing to the evening party hosted by Prince Charles to fete the new couple.

Are you down?  And if you care to play along... please do!  Link up to your outfits in the comments so I can come drool and play make believe with you.  Remember - class is of the utmost importance; price, however, is not.

Shall we?  Of course, I couldn't choose just one dress... I like to have options.




So what would you wear?

 

site design by kiki co.