Wednesday, June 23, 2010

good look for less: Griffin!

You all may remember Griffin... I did a consult for her earlier this spring. She was transitioning from being a personal trainer to staying home full time with her new baby. She came back recently for another more extensive consult since she has lost her "baby weight" and the clothing I chose for her last time was beginning to fit too loose. (yeah!)

Last time she wanted a feminine transition wardrobe... this time she wanted to keep on the feminine track and also include more classic and glamorous looks a la JCrew. (Funny side note, when I first started blogging everyone wanted an anthropologie look for less... now everyone wants a JCrew look for less - we just can't get enough of that JCrack, huh?)

Griffin had a wardrobe budget of $1,000 that she wanted to spread out over this summer and fall - she lives in LA, so there won't be a huge swing in temps... so I focused more on layering than on actual "fall" pieces. Here is what her shopping list looks like (click the image for the full list):


Now let's take a look at some outfits... there are so many of them, it's hard to choose favorites!

I absolutely love this first look! It's perfect for a day at the park or church or lunch with friends. So versatile and easy!


And the best thing about white pants is they are so versatile. This outfit has a totally different look than the first, but the same pants...


Same with this top... you can switch it up in so many ways. This look is another one of my favorites!


Shorts are all kinds of popular these days... I love the laid back and relaxed feel of these. With a pair of wedges, they are instantly modern and chic!


Same goes for jean shorts... they had their heyday in the 90's and I have a feeling they are here to stay, once again (or at least for a few years!)... don't fret about investing in some (or making some from jeans you already own) - as I'm pretty sure we will be sporting them again next season!


Happy Shopping Griffin!

~~~

Interested in learning more about my wardrobe consultation services? Click here or email me at goodlifeforless @ gmail.com

 

site design by kiki co.