Tuesday, March 31, 2020

spring capsule wardrobe: 12 pieces, 15 outfits!

Last fall you all really loved the fall capsule wardrobe I pulled together for cooler weather. Those pieces were some of my MOST loved pieces last fall and into the winter and many of them are still going strong in my wardrobe now. I used that post to inspire a lot of my daily outfits and even when I look back on that post now I still would 100% wear all of those outfits today.

For me, capsule wardrobes aren't the ONLY clothes I will wear for the season, but instead they represent the foundations of my wardrobe for the season.  The pieces I will rely on the most and those that I find most inspiring for the season. Spring can be such a tricky time of year to get dressed... while I would love to skip straight to dresses, shorts and tanks the reality is that the days can still be quite cool, jackets are a necessity and so lots of layering options mixed with lightweight pieces are usually what the weather calls for the next few months.

I know that life is really stressful and topsy turvy with the stay-at-home orders right now. These outfits seem so "dressed up" compared to the leggings and sweatshirts so many of us are living in right now (myself included). But there are two reasons why I still really wanted to bring the spring capsule to life here on the blog during this difficult time. One reason is very selfish. Coming up with outfits and posting regularly here on the blog and social media helps keep me busy and creative. It's a great outlet to take a break from thinking about all the unknowns in life right now. It's helping me A TON to show up here. I will continue to do it even if no one is watching for my own mental health. The other reason is that I hope it's a distraction and/or inspiration to you all too. Maybe you are getting 'dressed' these days, maybe you aren't - or maybe you are striking a balance in between. I know for myself that getting dressed and ready for the day can really help keep my mind positive. Continuing on with small things like these daily rituals help me keep some normalcy in my life right now. Or maybe you can use these outfits as inspiration for when this entire mess is behind us and we can start going about our daily lives as usual again.

Now let's talk about the capsule. Everything is easy to layer, easy to wear and strikes that perfect balance between casual and pulled together.  We will take a look at the outfits first and the I will break down all the pieces and sizing information at the very end! Also there are so many sales going on right now it's a little dizzying. Almost every single items featured here is on sale right now so I also noted which items were on sale at the end of the post too.


(above) Outfit 1

(above) Outfit 2


(above) Outfit 3
black dress, hat (color Khaki), flip flops

(above) Outfit 4

(above) Outfit 5

(above) Outfit 6

(above) Outfit 7

(above) Outfit 8

(above) Outfit 9

(above) Outfit 10

(above) Outfit 11

(above) Outfit 12

(above) Outfit 13

(above) Outfit 14

(above) Outfit 15


~~~

The 12 Capsule Pieces:

tops
striped button front top (or here) - runs big, I went down a size to XS (on sale!)
white v-neck blouse, runs big, I went down a size to XS (on sale!)
cashmere tee - true to size, I am in a size small (on sale!)
black button front blouse - runs big, I went down a size (on sale!)
white v-neck sweater - runs big, I went down a size (on sale!)

jackets
denim jacket - true to size, I am in size small
white sweater blazer - runs big, I went down a size to size xs (on sale!)
trench/Mac coat - runs maybe a size big, I am in a size 2 but may exchange it for a size zero (on sale!)

bottoms
white jeans (or here) - runs big, I went down a size
black jeans - runs small, I went up a size (on sale!)
blue jeans - runs true to size (on sale!)

dress
black dress - runs big, I went down a size to XS (only $20!)


 

site design by kiki co.