Monday, March 14, 2016

5 ways to wear... leggings!

Starting today I am launching a new weekly series called "5 ways to wear". Each week we will start off on an inspirational note here on the blog giving you 5 solid outfit ideas for your closet basics.  Then once a month I will have a special surprise for you with this series that I think you will really enjoy.  So stay tuned...

I am a firm believer in having a closet that mixes and matches easily.  Each item you own should support several different outfits and outfit styles.  This series celebrates just that.  Each week will be a new key staple with 5 new outfits.

Today I am kicking off the series with one of my favorite wardrobe staples... ponte leggings.  What's the difference between "leggings" and "ponte leggings"?  Ponte leggings are a very thick and flattering legging style.  My own pair are comparable in thickness to a pair of jeans and just as flattering.  They aren't revealing or sloppy looking - instead they are comfortable and practical while also looking very pulled together.  They happen to be one of my favorite "mom" outfit pieces - but even if you aren't a mom these pants are still for you!  Here I styled them up in several outfits and styles like classic, preppy or sporty depending on your mood or style.

I am really excited for this new series and I hope you are too... it's my hope you find it both inspirational and quite useful as well.  With that in mind, don't hesitate to leave a comment with a wardrobe staple you would like featured here for future weeks - I would love to style it 5 ways for you and my readers!


sporty look: sweatshirtsneakers
preppy look: tunic topdriving mocs
classic look: blazerstriped topleopard pumps
casual look: flowy topdriving mocs

or shop the looks here...



 

site design by kiki co.