Monday, September 15, 2014

my everyday style: waxed denim this fall!

It's always nice when a few trends carry over from one year to the next.  Not only is it easy on the wallet… but it's like bringing out old friends from your closet.  Waxed denim are one of those trends I was happy to see up for a repeat season.  Since I pretty much only wear jeans all fall/winter, I love to see variations on denim to keep my looks interesting and fresh.

Waxed denim elevates a look just a touch - I love that a simple outfit like this suddenly looks a little on the dressy side with waxed denim, heels and a sparkly necklace. On another note, a reader recently asked how I wash my waxed denim.  I wash them on cold water inside out and let them air dry.  This has successfully kept the "wax" look shiny - also I wash them as little as possible, but that is my standard rule for any jeans.





(photos by Jennifer Ketchum)

Details:
Denim Jacket, American Eagle - ℅ (old but similar)
Sweater, LOFT
Necklace, Baublebar (similar or similar)
Bag, Madewell
Sunglasses, Warby Parker
Heels, Sole Society (similar or similar)


 

site design by kiki co.