Tuesday, December 24, 2013

my everyday style: a winter wonderland!

It's an absolute winter wonderland here with snow and ice storms the past few days!  It sure is beautiful and since we didn't have a white Christmas last year - I am thankful for it.

While lots of layers being mandatory seem to go without saying this time of year, I have been drawn to black clothing in large quantities as well. It seems extra warm to me... could that be? A color that makes you warmer? Probably not, but when dealing with all this snow and cold it's mind over matter.  It works.

This is what I wore to see the Grand Rapids Ballet performance of The Nutcracker... it's a Christmas tradition that the whole family loves (even my son & husband - truly!).  It's always fun to get a little dressed up - nothing major - and take in a relaxing afternoon of ballet and great music (this is what my kids wore... aren't they such cuties?).  I sincerely hope you are enjoying this holiday season and remembering the special reason for this special season too.

With lots of love and thanksgiving I wish you and your families a very Merry Christmas!  Thank you for always being such amazing readers!







Details:
Coat, Old Navy (c/o) - on sale!
Faux Fur Vest, Zara - on sale!
Silk Top, J.Crew - on sale!
Leggings, Old Navy (c/o)
Boots, Sole Society
Bag, J.Crew (similar)
Earrings, Francesca's

see you around...

 

site design by kiki co.