Tuesday, November 12, 2013

my everyday style: when the blues are good!

I have said this before and I'll say it again, often when I don't know what to wear I just wear navy blue. Works every time.  You can totally steal that trick from me too if you need it.  It's all yours. Just don't be surprised when you run into me at Target and we are dressed the same. K? k.

A huge apology for the radio silence on the outfit posts around here.  The issue was a million fold but it came down to crazy weekends, a lot of change of plans and lastly, that I honestly needed a little break.  I know that outfit posts tend to be some of the favored posts around here and usually they are fun to do, but when they aren't fun I try to stay away for a bit to make them fun again. You know? 

Any way, I am glad they are back and I am also glad to be transitioning full into fall and winter wear now.  It feels good. Albeit windy.  I photographed a few looks this past weekend while we were doing our weekend thing (bookstores, birthday party, dinners out as a family - the usual) and each one I am almost blown down by the wind.  It helps give my hair body I suppose and I can't complain about that!

Speaking of hair the last time I had it colored I gave my stylist this photo here as inspiration and I think she hit the nail on the head. I love the wee touch of color near my face to brighten things up, but still keep it "fall-ish" looking.  

That's a lot of blabbering for one post... what's new with you?






Details:
Jacket, Gap (similar)
Merci Tee, J.Crew (I just bought this in store but can't find it online)
Jeans, Old Navy (c/o)
Bag, J.Crew

see you around...

 

site design by kiki co.