Since I didn't share my purchases here at the end of September (or really have any purchases) today's post is a big one... today's post is my purchases and closet additions for September AND October combined. We spent a lot of money on home renovations in August, September and October. Because of that there was a lot of shopping that I didn't do or tried not to do - I was extremely budget minded this month and caught stuff on sale almost exclusively. But with it being fall and two big trips on the docket for November I still did quite a bit of shopping (and could have done way more).
Let's take a look at the damage. Since this was two months combined, keep in mind my budget is $600, not $300.
1. J.Crew, Keeper Chambray Dress... $118 with mark down + 40% off), $47.99
2. Target, Polka Dot SS Blouse... $19.99
3. Target, Patterned Leggings... $12.00
4. Gap, Boxy Sweater in Black, $44.95 at 40% off, $26.97
5. Gap, Boxy Sweater in Grey, $44.95 at 40% off + coupon, $25.76
6. J.Crew, Drapey Striped Top, $49.50 with mark down + 40% off, $11.99
7. J.Crew Factory, Silk Two-Pocket Blouse, $95 at 50% off, $47.50
8. J.Crew, Scanned Floral Tee, $49.50 with mark down + 40% off, $17.99
9. J.Crew Factory, Scalloped Lace Tee, $88 at 50% off, $44.00
10. J.Crew Factory, Waffle Infinity Scarf, $44.50 at 50% off, $22.25
11. Target, Chunky Cardigan, $29.99
12. J.Crew Factory, Suede Envelope Clutch, $74 at 50% off, $37.00
13. J.Crew, Boyfriend Merino Sweater, $88 with markdown + 40% off, $35.99
14. Sole Society, Carolyn Boots, $119.95 used credits - $0
15. Piperlime, Chinese Laundry Orsay Flats, $59
16. Sole Society, France Calf Hair Pumps, $69.95 used credits - $0
17. Sole Society, Natasha Boot, $79.95 used credits - $0
Total Spent: $438.42 (saved: $648.81)
Some thoughts on the budget: Wow! I thought I had spent more until I sat down to write this post, is that good or bad? There was SO much more I could've bought these past two months - so much more I wanted - but I have to say I am pleased that I did reign it in a bit considering the money spent on our home lately.
Some thoughts on the pieces: I really love everything I bought and can't wait to wear the pieces that I haven't yet. I have two trips coming up, one with just me and my husband so I got a few "dressier" pieces and another family trip to Florida... so the dress and short sleeve tops will hopefully be great for that trip. I really want a new winter coat for winter and a few new sweaters or holiday party attire. So that will be my focus for November. Obviously my choices these past two weeks are ultra neutral and classic... I hope that many of these pieces will be great closet staples for seasons to come. Maybe not those crazy leggings, but I just couldn't pass them up!
So there we have it ladies... whew! All of September and October in one place. How did your shopping budget go this month? I would love to hear!
If you would like to see all the "damage" posts for this year - click here!
see you around...