I will say though that there are a few sure signs that summer is two-thirds over:
- I can't stand my summer clothes any more (thus, squeezing in a sweater to an outfit even if it's hot).
- I'm ready to start making dinner again (seriously for all of June and most of July I have hardly cooked a handful of healthy meals for the family... if you follow me on Instagram you know that is rare!).
- I bought the school supplies for the kids (whoop!).
- My CSA should start supplying tomatoes any day now (that is a pre-fall thing for me... I don't know why).
- I've started to give my husband the stink eye when he leaves for work in the morning (what, I'm responsible for these kids for a FULL day again? all by myself?)
- The bank account is almost empty (are my kids the only ones with a severe case of 'can we...?' or 'I want...' - they have a new thing to spend money on ten times a day!).
- We have a hearty collection of the "free t-shirts" kids get at every single camp they go to (ugghhh... these t-shirts bug me, such a waste!).
- Bedtimes are back to normal (I let the kids stay up late the first part of the summer and paid for it with naughty little ones... 8pm is now a very quiet time around our house again!).
- Did I mention I am sick of my summer clothes? Are you?
Sweater, Old Navy (old)
Shorts, Old Navy (c/o)
Bag, J.Crew 'Tillary Tote' (similar)
Bracelet, J.Crew (similar)
Flats, J.Crew (same style, different colors)
Sunglasses, Ray Ban