Thursday, June 27, 2013

Elements of Style v.4!

I personally have three simple elements (or tricks!) to a simple but beautiful outfit. I call them them my 'elements of style'. They are something casual, something neutral and something dressy. These three elements combined are my fail-safe for outfits that are easy to put together and that look and feel feminine and relaxed.

Shorts are such a staple for summer time fun... but they can also be dressed up for an evening out with friends or (gasp!) if you could get away with it a casual Friday in the office.  Choosing key pieces to dress up shorts without going overboard is key.  These heels are the perfect piece to bring these eyelet shorts from ready for the park to ready for the evening. A chambray top keeps the look grounded (roll up the sleeves messily for a summer-chic look) while a fun clutch pulls the entire look together.

(get the look: sunglasses, eyelet shorts, chambray top, heels - over the moon for these!, clutch)

I am signing off early for the week so I can enjoy the rest of my vacation!  I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

see you around...

 

site design by kiki co.