Wednesday, July 20, 2011

my outfit: yellow + green!

Heat wave!  It looks like the whole country is suffering through these unbearable temps right now... man! It's hot!  This simple tank is light as air, so it was perfect for keeping me cool while I was running errands the other day.   Usually I'm not a huge fan of these pants... I don't know why. But for some reason they were perfect.  More lightweight than jeans... but still warm enough to keep me sane in the crazy air conditioning.


And forget even doing my hair... I was sweating for a good half hour after just blow drying my hair!  There was no way I was bringing a curling iron or flat iron to it... uggh!


I've been trying to talk my kids into laying around and watching movies or reading.  Guess what they think of that idea? Yeah, I'm pretty much going solo on that one.


Are you keeping cool?


Details:
Top, Target (similar)
Pants, Old Navy (similar)
Sandals, Forever 21 (similar)
Earrings & Bracelet, courtesy of Towne & Reese

Check out what's going on at my other blogs today!

9 comments:

Linda Rose said...

You look so cute. And I'm trying my hardest to stay cool. This heat is insane! I don't feel like it was this hot last summer, but that's probably because the heat has made me delusional. Ha ha!

G. said...

I love that little detail/design on the yellow top.

kristen said...

You look so breezy cool! That yellow is pretty awesome!

Sadly it hasn't gotten above about 65 in Seattle for almost two weeks now! We are getting left out of summer! Boohoo.

Peggy said...

you make me want bangs!! cute

Shelly said...

I just tried on some similar pants yesterday, and even at $7 on the clearance rack, the absolutely did not work for me...on the bright side, you look adorable.

xoShelly

Cristi said...

Love the top. I feel the same way about doing my hair right now too. Just too hot.

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about all your heat! We have been having cooler than normal temps here in the northwest, still waiting for summer to arrive. You look cool in your outfit though - good choice!

Lauren K said...

When I don't feel like dealing with my hair I always put fun earrings on - that's what people will focus on anyways : )

b.a. said...

one guess why i love this outfit so much...
:)


 

site design by kelly christine studio