Monday, May 9, 2011

my outfit: strong enough for him, made for her!

I snagged this shirt at H&M when I was in Chicago... gosh I love that store... I haven't been in one for forever.  We are deprived of the H and the M here in West Michigan.  Such a sham, I mean... a shame.

To be honest, Linda found it and tried it on and then I tried to steal it right out of her fitting room.  Then I  realized that I'm a big girl and can get my own blue top with white stripes thankyouverymuch. And so I did.

What I love most about this shirt is that it's the length of a top you might borrow from your guy... but it's cut for a girl.  Best of both worlds. And it's super soft. You can't argue with that.  I do believe it was also $12 - again, no arguing.

Another fun fact: I didn't think I had allergies except that my eyes, nose and throat basically are revolting against me.  Could someone tell them that I don't have allergies!?!? They seem to be all mixed up.  Sunglasses are good for hiding these small problems though...

And back to this shirt, because clearly I can't stop gushing.  It would be equally perfect over a bathing suit at the beach on a windy day.  Just light enough - just classic enough.  I'll hopefully remember that this summer. The temps are finally feeling like spring around here... and boy it's about time.

Sunglasses, Forever 21 (similar)
Feather Earrings, Forever 21
Top, H&M (similar)
Belt, Gap (similar)
Jeans, Gap (similar)
Sandals, Forever 21
Watch, Michael Kors
Nail Polish, Knockout Pout by Essie


Andrea said...

Such a perfect spring look. I saw that top at my H &M, so versatile!

Alisha said...

Great shirt, and you can't beat it for $12! It's perfect for spring and summer. You look so comfortable too!

Good luck with the allergies. Claritin D always works for me :)


Monica Whitney said...

Ah. I love this look! So perfect.

Ask the Duplex

SaRaH said...

Hah! I'm wearing this shirt today! I love it just as much as my j crew button downs, and it's literally 1/7 of the price! It's so soft and comfy - love love love it :)

Linda said...

Oh yea! This looks so great on you! I tried mine on again and it looked like a night shirt to me! :P So, it may be re-purposed. Ha ha! But you're inspiring me to try it back on and work it out.
Are those your new sandals too?

Amber Lena said...

Bummer no H&M for ya. I hear they are going to have online shopping by late this year or early next year. Yeah!

Amber Lena Fashion
outfits FOR SALE from $10!

Linz said...

Great shirt and outfit!! I know how you feel about H&M, the closest one to me is 800 miles away and yet they still play commercials on the local tv networks! That's just mean!


site design by kelly christine studio