Tuesday, April 12, 2011

everybody, everywear: maxi dress!

Yay! It's time for another everybody, everywear!  These are so fun because I just love to get inspiration on how to wear the items in my closet and when this many ladies get together, it's impossible to not be inspired!  Although, it might be necessary to warn you that this outfit is a direct knock-off of a conglomerate of bloggers... I'm not even sure who exactly.

But it turns out that a shirt tied at the waist (or rib cage) + a maxi dress is sheer outfit perfection.  It's so simple and easy!  So you've likely seen this look on the interwebs already - consider yourself warned.  Unoriginality to follow.

I love this dress... it's like a slinky cotton sleeping bag. And I would be remiss to not state that I did take no less than two naps in this outfit.  I sometimes need mass quantities of sleep.  This day was one of those days.

I also wrote a handful of blog posts, did mass quantities of laundry (like 6 loads, that is monumental for me) and ordered pizza for dinner in this dress (because, let's be honest after a couple naps, three or four blog posts and laundry - duh, I'm not making dinner).  You can call me super woman if you like, I don't mind.

Hurry on over and see how the other gals wore their maxi dresses... go on now!

Maxi Skirt/Dress | Everybody, Everywear

White Top, Old Navy
Maxi Dress, Old Navy (similar)
Necklace, Forever 21 (similar)
Bracelets, Forever 21 (similar)
Wedges, Target (similar)

psssttt... {help a girl out!} head on over and vote for my look at Jess's blog!  (my look will have my name above it! vote for it by name in the comments!)  My looks were originally seen here...


Sam said...

You look so cute in this! I wanted to participate in EBEW but I can't find a maxi that doesn't make me look like crap. My search continues!


The Daily Fashionista said...

You're super gorgeous!! I love the way you wore a simple black maxi dress! I was so excited to remember I bought one a couple of years ago, and then I remembered I gave it to my friend who moved to Ecuador. No Bueno for me:( So I guess I'll find another one!

Monique said...

Love the nude shoe pairing!

Monique xx


Rebecca said...

I like that idea for styling a maxi dress so much that I might have to borrow it.

Taylor Marie said...

I love this look! Mine is actually pretty similar (with putting the white top over a dress). I'm now thinking pizza is a GREAT option for dinner... :)

Marcie said...

I'm loving your hair lately! You should show us how you curl it!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

I really like the simple, yet classy styling of the white shirt and necklace...nice job!!

bex said...

you look so laid back classy. i adore all of your stacked bangles, and that necklace! OH MY that necklace, its a wonderful piece. {do you sense my love for that unique piece ;)}

My Heart Blogged said...

I really like it on you. I need to get a maxi dress, I just can't find one I like.
My Heart Blogged

Kim said...

Hear ya on the naps! Don't hide it sistah! You look so cute and comfy in this dress. I need-NEED a maxi dress for this spring. Thanks for the reminder!


Sarah said...

I love this look! The fact that you managed to be productive at all in something that comfy is impressive :)

shealennon said...

I was thinking the same thing today! I agree, it is a very flattering (and so comfortable!) look! I love your version!

daisymay aka Chantele said...

I want your sliced agate necklace!

Daisy Dayz Home
Cross-Jones-Photography Home

sartoriography said...

"Slinky cotton sleeping bag." That sounds just about perfect. How awesome that it's so comfy AND so flattering! I really like the tied top with the monochromatic colors. Super chic!

JB said...

I've seen several people on Everybody Everywear do the tied shirt over their dress. I absolutely love it! So perfect!

Brittney said...

haha--i, for one, would be remiss in passing up a chance to wear a sleeping bag. i love that huge ornament of a necklace with the simplicity of the rest of this ensemble. it makes a great statement.
http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com (my daily outfit blog; come on by if you'd like!)

Gabby / Gypsy*Diaries said...

You wore your maxi great, my favorite is your necklace though! Beautiful! :)


P.S: I´m having a 100$ beauty giveaway for Chanel, YSL... products. I thought you might be interested! ;)

Jackie said...

Love this look! Very laid back chic. Your hair looks amaze too girl!

Nuha said...

I love your necklace, it's so pretty :)


site design by kelly christine studio