Monday, February 14, 2011

my outfit: seeing red!

Happy Valentine's everyone! I hope you had a sweet weekend and a sweet day planned for today.  Whether you are married or single or somewhere in between... focus on loving on yourself a little today.  Splurge on the latte, the pretty earrings, the new shoes or a simply a piece (or four) of chocolate.  You deserve it!


Speaking of treating yourself... I recently treated myself to these black skinny jeans. I've been wanting a pair for a while and when I found them on the sale rack at Gap I knew they were coming home with me.   I think I will definitely get some good wear out of them.  Usually I have my jeans hemmed, but these I think I will leave long. I like the look of little cuffs on skinny jeans or when they pool at the ankle.  We'll see...  maybe I'll go running to the tailor after all.



I was so thrilled that the sun was shining I popped on these little flats... then my feet turned to icicles.  Back to boots I go!  But at least it felt liberating, albeit cold, for a day.  It is this time of year that I start willing spring to come in spite of myself, or my feet.  Sometimes you just have to go for it!


Happy Valentines!

Details:
Cardigan, Old Navy (similar)
White Top, Old Navy
Jeans, Gap (similar)
Flats, Sam Edelman (similar)
Bib Necklace, courtesy of KUTE Clothes

14 comments:

Amada said...

Love the statement necklece! So cute!

Linda Rose said...

you're pics are looking so great! love the red sweater. and happy valentine's to you too!

Lindsey said...

I may be a little biased to red and black since those 2 colors are my college colors, but I think your outfit looks valentine's day lovely! I don't know how you handle all the snow, we've been in the 70s since Saturday here in Texas. Fabulous! Much better than the "Texas Blizzard" (not a blizzard at all) that stormed through here a few weeks ago.

Ashley J said...

Love that necklace and Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Jenn from Much to My Delight said...

Wow--love the backdrop for these photos! I also really like your statement necklace with the button-down.

~Chelsea said...

Such a cute outfit- perfect for Valentine's Day! Have to admit my all black outfit today (w/ hints of white) isn't really jiving with the spirit of today!

http://www.maritimeshopaholic.com

MyLyn said...

i LOVE this look! wish i were wearing this today too!

Bekah said...

love love the look- and the bib necklace.
bekah-- Matters of Merrymaking

My Heart Blogged said...

I love the red, white, and black together. The bib necklace is so pretty.
My Heart Blogged

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Great shots. I love the location and loving your red cardigan.

Laurita P said...

happy valentine's day to you! i like your festive outfit

http://adorablydeliciouslp.blogspot.com/

Nicole said...

Great pics! And is that an old covered bridge? How awesome! I saw the sun and 60+ degrees on Sunday and I wore flip flops! Love the new jeans...super cute!

karen★ said...

this looks so great....as do you!!! it looks a little different from your "normal" everyday stuff & makes you look like you are off to somewhere special. & that necklace...that is completely rockin'.

the only "skinny" thing i've seen on the sale rack at the gap lately were a pair of bright orange skinny cords. i thought about them...& then decided i didn't even want to try to pull them off. i do not regret my decision.

Macy Dawn said...

I pulled out my ballet flats (sans socks) as well and decided it wasn't the best weather, but decided to sport them anyway. I claimed I pulled a Jill :)

see here: My making macy


 

site design by kelly christine studio