Tuesday, January 11, 2011

shopping guide: pantone color of the year!

When Pantone named "honeysuckle" the color of the year... many were scratching their heads in response thinking "really?" Here's how Pantone describes their choice:



And when they put it that way, well, I think I get it. It is a gorgeous color and bold choice for sure. Plus, the colors were all over the runway... see here, here and here. So if you want to incorporate "Pantone Pink" as I'll call it into your life... here are some fun and easy ways to do it.

(1. City Flat, Gap, $39.50 2. Goldfish Wrap, Banana Republic, $49.50 3. Essential V-Neck Sweater, Lands End Canvas, $39.50 4. Lolia Candle, Neiman Marcus, $32 5. Venus Wristlet, Dooney & Bourke, $55 6. mod squad, essie, $8 7. Contrast Waist Dress, Lucca Couture, $41.40 8. Bow Belt, Gap, $24.50 9. Lace Back Top, Forever 21, $19.80)

16 comments:

Ambar said...

Great list. I love #7 but it's not showing up on the link :(

JenHuiz said...

I like it - seems refreshing, especially in this silly gray west michigan winter!

Jill GG (good life for less) said...

Ambar - oh no! It must be sold out, I double checked it and couldn't find it... It was JUST in stock, because I was even thinking about getting one! Boo!

Heather said...

oooh i love #7 too! pretty pinks for a cold winter's day!

Heather said...

Love the list! :) now I'm ready for spring time!

Ambar said...

Awwww what a bummer. It's a great dress.

Mama Marshmallow said...

I am loving the nail polish and belt. Pefectly winter and spring all in one!

Kelly said...

I love the color but I wonder why they call it Honeysuckle? That makes me think of a yellow or orange color!

Kelly said...

Ah - some Honeysuckles are that color - just looked it up. lol

Andrea said...

I am one who is scratching her head at this color... not really a 'pink' girl. I do love the Gap flats in that color, though!

karen★ said...

#1 #1 #1 1#! i have been wanting a few pairs of those city flats for a few weeks now. i have to wait until friday, but the minute i get up...i am grabbing the pink pair!

liz said...

Yay, I'm more excited for this color come spring and maybe a little punchier! But overall what a fun and uplifting choice!

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate said...

I love it! Great minds think alike :)

xo,
kate
Undeniable Style

Jenn from Much to My Delight said...

I can jump on board with this color choice--it really warms up the complexion! I'm especially lovin' that skinny Gap belt and the long-sleeve tee.

leigh said...

I <3 Honeysuckle -- the color even has a lovely name. I love Lollia candles & Essie too, so I am loving this post.
<3 Leigh
veryloveleigh.blogspot.com


 

site design by kelly christine studio