Monday, January 31, 2011

my outfit: blue and gold, for the win!

It's a darn good thing I have a blog... wanna know why?  I wore this outfit antiquing with a friend recently... it was (of course) freezing cold and so we popped in and out of stores all morning (scoring NO real finds - ugh, hate when that happens!) and I didn't take my coat off!  No one even saw this outfit except me and my husband.  So here you have it world... what I wore antiquing:


Rocking the blogger bun again... I just love this style.  It takes literally two minutes to whip up and my hair is done and off my face all day.  Feels so good.



How was your weekend ladies? Any fun shopping or treasure finding? I will say that I found two vintage scarves (something that was on my wish list) that were both only $3 - can't beat that!  And a few more license plates - one's we don't have yet! - for my sons collection.


Stay tuned tomorrow... I took about half of this outfit and kept it and switched the other half up for date night with my husband.  I'll post those looks tomorrow!

Details:
Cardigan, Gap (similar)
Cowl Top, JCrew (similar)
Belt, Gap (similar)
Skinny Jeans, Gap (similar)
Boots, MICHAEL Michael Kors (similar)

19 comments:

kelseywilliams said...

You look so lovely, as always! I love how you tied that belt.

Are you doing the 30 for 30 challenge again?

Anne said...

I hate that about winter... sometimes a great outfit feels kinda pointless when all you're going to do is cover it with a coat. This outfit is great though!

christina said...

Great outfit! And I love the hair. Sounds like you had a great weekend.

Law Mama said...

Ha, your title makes me think of the local college sports teams (Cal Bears). Blue & gold!

Luckily you don't look like you're going to cheer on a football team - much cuter! I love the blogger bun on you, it looks great with bangs.

Linley said...

love your mustard top AND that fabulous bun!

maria said...

your bun is awesome....looks fab!

Sarah Lenhart said...

I went antique shopping too and found two cute vintage scarves for $1 each! I was so excited.

I also snagged an original Franciscan china coffee set for $10. Needless to say, I have a new favorite antique store. :)

Linda Rose said...

Love this. You look good with that bun. I like that you keep your bangs down. I think that's key too looking like you didn't just roll out of bed.
And I have to know, are you doing the 30/30? I'm skipping it this time because of the trip, but wondered if you were gonna do it. I sorta feel weird not participating this time!

b.a. said...

ugh! one of my biggest peeves in winter! what's the point of dressing cute when you just have to cover it with a coat?! but...still...we do it. and even with a coat, we still freeze. sigh...i know there's a reason we love the midwest...i just forget from november to february.

Gina said...

Just found you and your style is super cute! I love the bun... I should try that sometime!

My Heart Blogged said...

I love the blue, and gold together. It looks really pretty. Your bun makes me miss having long hair. Short hair is so much work.
My Heart Blogged

Meghan said...

You have the perfect neck to wear your hair up like that! Looks great! I'm thinking I might need bangs again.

GIRL AND CLOSET said...

Loving your blogger bun, it looks great on you! I adore the added touch of the belt with this outfit too. And, yay to finding the scarves. xx veronika

leigh said...

My mouth is WIDE open because I wore my hair like that this weekend & told my best friend that I was experimenting with the "blogger bun." I literally just pulled that out of nowhere . . . or maybe I didn't! :)
<3 leigh

kristen said...

I seriously need the info on how to do that bun! Whenever I try I always look like I'm trying to do a ballerina bun instead of a fashion blogger bun! ;)

Tina said...

love the navy and gold!! very fun!

Miss B said...

I'm totally into the "blogger bun" these days too, although yours is much more refined than mine. How do you get it so smooth?

I love pretty much everything about this outfit. the color and neck line of the top, the little belt :-)

Miss B said...

I'm totally into the "blogger bun" these days too, although yours is much more refined than mine. How do you get it so smooth?

I love pretty much everything about this outfit. the color and neck line of the top, the little belt :-)

Tanya @ Dans le Townhouse said...

LOVE this outfit. The colours are great together.


 

site design by kelly christine studio