Monday, December 13, 2010

my outfit: gettin' cozy!

I was going to name this outfit "apres ski"- but then I remembered that last week I pretended to be a biker chic and if I pretended to a be a skier today, well, I was worried you would think I am crazy. I don't ski, but if I DID ski, I would wear this outfit. Otherwise, I would just wear this outfit on a super cold and snowy day, which is what I did.

I teased earlier that I had snagged these boots recently... and voila! Here they are!



After the 30/30 ended and the snow blew in on a very more regular basis (less magical-first-snow and more seriously-three-months-of-this-crap-snow) I realized that pretty much ALL of my shoes are null and void. They really can't have much of a heel, or show ankle, or be slippery or not be water proof. That leaves, these boots, two pairs of Uggs to choose from and maybe if I'm feeling lucky, the black flat boots from the challenge. That's not much. And the even worse news is that all of those boots really need to go "over" jeans and not under them. So me and my skinny jeans are going to be getting real cozy until about April. Nice.


I feel like I am already over winter and it just started. And usually I'm not so bummed by winter. Pass the Vitamin D.

Moving to Nashville is suddenly making so much more sense to me...


Details:
Snood, TJMaxx, gift (similar)
Sweater, Banana Republic (similar, similar)
Jeans, Gap
Boots, Nordstrom Rack
Earrings & Cuff Bracelet, Charlotte Russe (similar & similar)

12 comments:

sara said...

Cute, I love this look! Can't believe you have snow already although it's very cold in Texas here today.

Kate said...

You look so cute & cozy! I hear you on the footwear - I can think a shoe will be fine for winter, until the snow falls and I realize it's impossible! Skinny pants & boots from now until April! Ha!

nmaha said...

We are at the opposite end of the spectrum here, I'll never get to wear a cozy snood. Love the outfit and your concepts, you should have named it apres ski

maria said...

wow jILL those boots look amazing on you and so practical for michigan@!!!

Lisa D. said...

You look so classy, cozy and warm! Those boot are really cute. If it makes you feel any better, we're even getting flurries in Virginia Beach today. I would give anything to spend a day soaking up some warm raysin my beach chair right now!

Jenny said...

So cute! Love the boots! Oh, it's bitter cold here in Georgia, we even had flurries here yesterday - totally unheard of this time of year. I'm realizing that my winter wardrobe is lacking in a big way - lol!

Leah said...

OH my goodness I am in love with that sweater!!!!

Luvs!

leesh said...

Love the boots, but I'm curious if they'll really survive all our Michigan snow. What do you think?

Jackie said...

SUPER cute boots! Bummer about all the snow already. But at least you will have a white Christmas! That snood {why the hell do they call them that?} matches your sweater perfectly-at first I thought it came that way and was attached.

b.a. said...

oh girl, i hear ya. i wish we were neighbors so i could tromp over and we could sit and blog, all cozied up in blankies and practical shoes and convince each other that it's okay for us to go tanning--"it's for our mental health!"

sigh.


(was that creepy?)

Marcie said...

We just got a few inches of snow here in Nashville!

karen★ said...

i love the boots! we usually have a ton of snow by now, but it has only snowed way way up in the rockies so i am out of luck on that whole snow thing lately...but, i do have some cute boots tucked away to wear over my skinny jeans everyday.

p.s. at least skinny jeans are cute. you could be stuck with much worse until april!


 

site design by kelly christine studio