Wednesday, December 8, 2010

30 of 30... Finale!

Done-zo! Tomorrow I will have a recap on the whole she-bang and also what I have learned, etcetera, etcetera.



In the meantime. 30 things you may or may not know.

1. Before I had this blog I had another blog. It was called Confessions of a Stay-at-Home Mom... I deleted the blog way back when, so any blog you see out there now with a similar name are not/were not mine. That was circa 2005 though - so long time back.
2. I love a nap like no one's business.
3. Pilates is my exercise of choice. My mission for 2011 - double up on the weekly pilates session. Should be interesting.
4. Weights, abs and the elliptical is my second choice.
5. I love the fresh start of the New Year - can't wait until January.
6. As simple as it is, coffee is the best start to my day. Mmmmmm...
7. Both my kids really look like my husband. But I think my daughter is coming into my genes more and more.
8. I have one super-duper-bang-up ebook coming out in January. Like killer. You are gonna love it!
9. McDonald's french fries are my favorite. Mmmmm... but that's about the only thing I'll eat at McDonald's.
10. I don't really care for meat, but I eat it any way. When the kids are older and easier to feed I'll probably go back to being a vegetarian.



11. I'm craving a date with my husband... hmmmm, hopefully some time soon!
12. I got my realtors license a while back but never used it. I would still love to get into the real estate industry some day... maybe flipping houses or something.
13. I never thought I would ever be "into" working out... but it really is a great release and confidence builder (yes, cliche, but true).
14. My dream car is a Range Rover Sport - in black, please. And it will be mine. You just wait.
15. Having kids is really hard. But now that they are 6 and 3 I finally feel like I have my head above the water (most days). Seriously, no one told me it was THIS hard for THIS long.
16. The older I get the stronger my urge is to travel through the 50 states. I want to see it all.
17. I've always dreamed of living in Nashville, Tennessee and I have absolutely NO reason for it. It's a "just because" thing.
18. I love blogging.
19. I was so excited about getting a Wii for my son for his birthday (it's for the whole family really)... but a month later I have only played that silly thing one time. Who's a Wii fan?
20. When Mike Posner gets in my head... it's impossible to get it out.
21. I don't wash my clothes much. I find they last longer when I don't wash them in the machine.
22. As a mom, there are a lot of things I thought I would NEVER do and now I do. Don't judge.
23. If I could clone myself I would start a food blog. MMMMmmm... I love a good food blog!



24. Favorite movie of all time: My Best Friends Wedding. Uh huh.
25. I should drink champagne more often, shouldn't we all?
26. I love to make a bunch of Christmas cookies in December and then freeze them all until Christmas Eve/Day. This drives my husband crazy.
27. I really need to get my Christmas cards sent out. Where are my elves?
28. I have a severe Swiffer addiction.
29. I'm thinking of heading to Goodwill to find some scarves (random thought).
30. I took pictures of three different outfits (including this one) before I settled on an appropriate finale to the Challenge. So technically it was a 30/32 Challenge. ha!



Bracelet courtesy of Towne & Reese... all other 30/30 items are here!

22 comments:

Lake Nokomis said...

I like your 'finale' outfit (and thank you for sharing your experience with the 30/30 challenge)!

Cathy W. said...

Love the outfit, Jill! You have me wanting a shrug now - ever since I first saw it on you! Maybe after the challenge....I still have a few more outfits to go!

annie said...

love this last outfit, and love seeing 30 things about you~ it's nice to "meet" the person behind all the great looks!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I have loved watching this challenge and everything you've done with it! You are awesome!

Linley said...

Congrats on completing the challenge! I can't wait (three more to go!). Can't wait to see your re-cap too!

love this look! Especially how the necklace just adds the perfect bit of fancy!

And I loved your 30 things! we definitely have a few things in common!

Ashley J said...

Yay, congrats on completing the challenge!!!! I have loved seeing your outfits all the way through.

http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

Tara Lauren said...

Congrats on completing the challenge! Your last outfit is stunning - i want to wear that exact outfit tonight!

Charee Lenee' said...

I enjoyed all of your 30/30 challenge looks! I found myself logging on everyday just to see what your look was for that day. LOL I will DEF need to get in on the action next time.

p.s. loved the 30 things piece too!! :)

http://www.chareelenee.com

tilly | maison said...

great post, jill! thanks for stopping by the blog, and you're SO right. i hadn't even thought of the starbucks situation... fingers crossed. :)

Reagan said...

Congrats with finishing the 30/30.

I love the "final" outfit you chose but of course NOW I think you should post your two extras.

Fun to learn 30 things about you!

Jackie said...

Hooray! You did it! You did it! You did it! Yeah! {Dora much??}

I love your 30 random tidbits-I may steal that from you. Except half of what you put applies to me too! Love McDs French Fries, but not much else. I was a vegetarian for many years, but do eat some meat now even though I'm not crazy about it. Range Rover-yes please. Kids are hard. Etc, etc...WHY are you so darn far away from me??!!??

Linda Rose said...

Loved hearing all this stuff about you! You're making me want to do it too! Maybe I will.
I'm proud of you also for actually having 32 outfits.
Also, you seem like a super woman to me. Yesterday Bob and I were both super sick and today I'm trying to pick up the pieces wondering how I would do it all if I had kids.
Go MOMS!

Elizabeth @claritychaos said...

loved reading your 30, my friend.

Kathy said...

Hi-
I'm new to your blog and really look forward to reading it and getting clothing ideas. My kids are 5 1/2 and 2 1/2 and i'm slowly coming out of a "yoga pant - almost everyday" fog. I started taking bar method classes too which I love. How often do you work out?
I had to laugh at your wanting to live in Nashville. I live in NJ (not what you see on reality TV NJ :-) ) and tell my family that I think I would love living in Nashville. I've never been but for some reason I think it would be a nice place to raise a family.
Kathy

Skruger said...

Jill - I started following you mid way through the challenge and have loved it. I cannot wait to hear your recap & what you'd do differently. I'm thinking about doing my own in January to cut back on spending but don't want to get stuck in my yoga pants/jeans & t-shirt rut.

Question about your 30 list - do you work out at home or the gym? Our kids are the same age and I'm just getting back to the gym on a not at all regular basis. . . maybe in January? ;)

ag. said...

Love the finale outfit!

My dad and brother live in Nasvhille...it's great there! I hope you have the opportunity to live there one day.

And thank you for being so honest about being a mother...I'm glad someone will tell it like it is. I'd love to hear more about your motherhood expereinces.

Jenny said...

Loved reading your 30 things - I lvoe pilates too (haven't done it in years, but hope to get back to it eventually). And yes, being a Mom is HARD, which is why I only have one kid - lol!

Kim said...

I read your blog all the time- first time to post a comment though. But I just HAD to: I lived in Nashville till just this past Sept. Born and raised. LOVE IT. Give into the urge- MOVE TO NASHVILLE! :)

Marcie said...

I live in Nashville. It's a great city! Come on down and we can go shopping together!

pranapt said...

You did a great job on the challenge!

RE: #15 Even if they told us it was this hard for this long, we wouldn't have believed it! Mine are 12 and 9, and it is still that hard, but in different ways....homework, shaving legs, mean girls....

RE: #25 I do drink lots of champagne....see #15

HAHA

chai am woman said...

pretty awesome finale! looks like such a feel-good outfit to me. congrats on finishing strong!

karen★ said...

love this outfit, especially the top. so so pretty for your final day of the challenge.

i'm totally with you on the not washing clothes very often. they aren't that dirty, no one really throws up on me anymore, it saves water, & saves my clothes!

love that movie!

nashville? i hear it's absolutely beautiful.

i have a swiffer addiction too; maybe they have some kind of club we can join?

whoever judges you for doing things as a mother you never thought you would do before, has 6 nannies & doesn't remember her middle child's name. judgement sucks.

(i will be back to finish...I MISSED YOU!)


 

site design by kelly christine studio