Saturday, November 6, 2010

the next time you see me... (details on the 30/30)

Woo hoo! Party time! I am SO geeked about this go round of the 30/30 Challenge (if you want details, go here!). I think having one under my belt helps and also after I chose the pieces I realized that I really, truly loved each and every piece that I chose (minus some new jeans I would like... but I can deal).

Shall we take a peep at the 30? Let's! Drum roll...

The Tops:
from left:
Pink tank, Forever 21 (similar, similar, similar)
Magenta tank, Gap (similar, similar)
White flowy top, Forever 21 (similar, similar)
Black dolman top, Gap (similar)
Lace top, Charlotte Russe (similar)
Chambray button up, Old Navy (similar)
White pintuck woven top, Forever 21 (similar)
Blue floral top, Forever 21 (similar)


The Sweaters:
from left:
Navy boyfriend cardi, Gap (similar)
White cozy sweater, Loft (similar)
Neon cardi, JCrew (similar)

The shoes:
from left:
Brown boots, MICHAEL Michael Kors (similar)
Black boots, Nine West (similar)
Leopard embellished flats, Sam Edelman (similar, similar)
Clogs, UGG

The bottoms (+ one dress):
from left:
Black Skinnies, courtesy of Tulle
Cargos, Old Navy (similar)
Destructed/Patched Jeans, Gap (similar)
Skinny Jeans, Forever 21 (similar)
Wide Leg Pants, Seven for all Mankind (similar)
Maxi Dress, Old Navy (similar)

The Basics:
from left:
Striped sweater (black), Forever 21
Striped sweatshirt (grey), Forever 21 (similar)
Black turtleneck, Gap (similar)
White tee, JCrew

The Jackets:
from left:
Black blazer, Loft (similar)
Grey silk blazer, JCrew (similar)
Pleather blazer, courtesy of Tulle
Faux fur vest, second hand (similar)

I was going to do a run down of some of the pieces and how/why I chose them, etc... but I think I will just chat about that as I post outfits. Including what I consider almost a shocking decision: I only included FOUR pairs of shoes. But I have reasoning and thoughts on all of it and I'll let you know as I go along. I will also chat briefly about new items I bought specifically before the challenge to spruce things up. Any guesses on what's new or how much I spent? I'll dish on it all.

Also, PLEASE NOTE: this will serve as the master link list for all my outfits. I WILL not be linking individual items in my posts for the Challenge. But I will help ya' out and link back to this page if you want shopping details.

Stay tuned on Monday for my first outfit! geeee!!!

20 comments:

Monica said...

I like your choices. I'm another neutrals girl, but I like that you've included a few pops of color. I'm playing the at-home version (I don't blog) and still trying to decide on my items. I'm having a real hard time trimming down the shoes! I'll be interested in to hear more about your thought process on this.

Liz said...

I love seeing everyone's 30for30 items! So excited for all the remixing to start on Monday!

http://twosixandcounting.blogspot.com

Lydia Marie said...

Looks like you picked some good items! Can't wait to see what items you come up with!

Pixie in Pumps said...

I really love your choices! I am very excited to see how you remix them and some of the reasons behind why you chose certain items! That's a good idea

Jackie said...

Okay, I calmed down now :) I checked out the pdf and your post and just went for it. Will be posting my 30 as soon as get it finished!

Linda Rose said...

Looks like a good selection! Weeeeeee!

Liz said...

So glad someone else picked a lot of pants! We're just jeans and t-shirts kind of gals :) I'm posting mine tomorrow!!!

Colleen said...

ooo horizontal stripes. I want some.

Colleen
http://scrapandrun.blogspot.com/2010/09/overall-30-for-30-summary.html - my last 30 for 30
I still have yet to post my current one. I'm doing laundry now so that I can pick it out better.

Kelly said...

Love your picks!! Can't wait to see how you mix them up! Also - loving the new header! Have a great weekend!

b.a. said...

great picks! i, on the other hand, have not even BEGUN to choose. mega-ugh. i got some major work to do!

Jackie said...

Holy new layout batman! Came by to pick up your link and saw a new blog staring back a me. I like it!

paula said...

so fun and great choices.

Toni said...

Can't wait to see the outfits you put together! I need some inspiration for mixing and matching since I need to go shopping for some new essentials. Good luck!

LifestyleBohemia said...

Great pieces - can't wait to see how you mix & match them!

Bridget said...

good luck!! i just dont have the self-control to stay within 30 for 30 but i am proud of those who do!

archives said...

hello fellow 30 for 30 remixer! good luck, i look forward to following your mixes! :)

KT said...

I am loving the brown boots and the adorable faux fur vest you threw in the mix. Can't wait to see how you remix all the items - Katy

Daphne said...

Very nice picks and a great presentation on the garment rack. I am going to guess it was the faux fur vest, the grey shrug and the animal print flats as your new pieces.

Michelle said...

Great great great picks! Can't wait to see your outfit posts!

one sydney road said...

Isn't it fun to get your makeup done at the counter?? And then of course I have to get all the things they used yet can't recreate the look once I'm on my own!

You look beautiful :)


 

site design by kelly christine studio