Wednesday, October 6, 2010

my outfit: the college try!

I am sure you all are with me on this: do you ever have a piece of clothing (or two) that you like, but you just can't seem to get it right when you wear it?

That is how I have been with this top (it's purple by the way... really dark if you can't tell). It is just a tunic style t-shirt from the Gap. It fits nicely, the color is great and it's very soft. But every time I have pulled it out to wear it I end up not knowing how to style it and putting it back in the closet. Grrr.

Even still, I like how this outfit came together... but I am still a little wary about the top. Maybe it's just a mind hurdle.

Either way... I gave it a good college try. Any way... moving on, I saw a gal at the coffee shop with her skinnies cuffed the other day. It reminded me how much I loved that look, so I had to knock it off. That is one of the main reasons I love getting out to coffee shops and other places I don't usually get to linger as a mom... there is lots of inspiration in what other people are wearing. Especially when you're at a place that you don't usually go!

Jacket, courtesy of Tulle
Top, Gap
Belt, small local boutique (similar)
Necklace, F21 (similar)
Jeans, Old Navy
Flats, Nine West (similar)


Heather said...

The shirt looks great!

Debbie said...

Oh my! I cannot believe you have a mind hurdle with this one! It is so cute and sophisticated on you!

Thank you for posting it!

Meghann said...

I would absolutely wear this outfit - this is going to be one of my October faves, I can already tell.

Kristen said...

The jacket, the shirt and the belt all look great together! I covet the jacket. It looks like a versatile piece to have.
And you have developed into being quite the model. Congrats on your cute self!

Kendra said...

I love this outfit! You did very well with it...

jen v said...

I absolutely love this outfit. I really miss not being able to wear cute belts while I am pregnant. I'll have to remember this look!

Brittany M. said...

This is super cute. I love the shirt!! I really like the necklace paired with it. It looks great!

The Felch's said...

I have this shirt both in white and the navy/white white I have worn it with leggings, boots and a boyfriend cardi with a scarf..the navy/white I've worn with skinny jeans, yellow flats and gold jewelry..just some more ideas! I think the fit is the key thing..I sized down in the tee and that seems to work well! I like what you did with it!

anna said...

oh my gosh! i have the same top and looked at it in my closet today and i thought "i can't figure out what to do with this top!"

you are right, it's soft, pretty, and easy...but i'm still struggling to put it to good use. you did a great job! i love this outfit. the colors are awesome together. i might knock you off tomorrow!! heh heh!

karen★ said...

love the cuffed skinnies! my sis-in-law wears hers like that a lot. that's where i get my inspiration from, you & girls who get out there on a regular basis cuz i have no life! & the it! giving it the old college try really really works. there shouldn't be any wariness here!


site design by kelly christine studio