Tuesday, September 14, 2010

shopping guide for fall... boots!

I have gotten tons of reader emails about boots lately... what are the fall trends for boots? how do I wear boots with skirts? boots? boots? boots? I thought I would lay out a few of my favorite styles and shapes for fall this year in response to those questions.

Speaking of reader questions... I just completed an FAQ page (found here) featuring commonly asked questions, it also addresses how I manage all the nice (ahem, and some not nice) emails and questions I get from you all. Read up!

1. I love a simple wedge suede boot like this one this fall. I would pair these with cuffed jeans that just reached the top of the boot. So cute! (Chinese Laundry At Once, Piperlime, $89)

2. Fold-over boots like these are popping up at several retailers... sometimes boots can look very "dressed up" - I love that these have a slouchy relaxed feel to them. (Steve Madden Carlsen, Piperlime, $89)

3. Over the Knee (OTK) boots are super popular this season. And this pair has a fun equestrian feel to them. (Restricted Marine, Piperlime, $99)

4. I am in love with anything Minnetonka this season! This little zip bootie looks comfortable and chic... it would be fun with a dress or with jeans! (Minnetonka Short Boot, Net-a-Porter, $45)

5. I love this semi-slouchy mid-height boot style, this is a carry over from last season... so you may already have a pair of these in your closet for this year! (Sam & Libby Profess Boot, DSW, $49.95)

6. Wellies are not only super cute, but are also very practical for cold and wet fall days. These have a touch of sophistication with the herringbone fabric. I really love this pair! If you are a soccer mom like me you know you need something warm and dry for rainy games! (Chooka Herringbone Boot, Footnotes Online , $70)

7. Booties are just as popular this season as they were last year. These would be great with cuffed jeans or a sweet floral dress and tights! (Enzo Anglioni Rachey8, Zappos, $79)


Kate said...

Ooh, I really like those chinese laundry ones! So cute!

kristen said...

Thanks for this! I love boots. My goal is to score some wellies this season. :)

Sarah Lenhart said...

Thanks for the inspiration! Our winters are very snowy and therefore wet here in Wyoming so I've been looking for some boots that will be cute but also keep my feet dry. I'll have to look into the Wellies.

Jackie said...

Must. have. boot. no. 6. And guess what? I am a soccer mom now too. Natalie just signed up. You're going to have to give me some tips because I am so not the soccer mom type.

Ephemeral Evidence said...

HOORAY! FInally fall. I can't wait to break out the boots.

karen★ said...

I love the FAQ page! And, I love that you added the yoga pants question! I have to shop at J-Crew on line because they don't carry talls in their stores anymore. And if I wear jeans with a heel, regulars just aren't going to cut it.

100% agree with Wellies for soccer games AND for jumping in puddles with the kiddos!


site design by kelly christine studio