Friday, August 13, 2010

my outfit: 30/30!

30 for 30 Banner

Whew... THIRTY!

I'd like to thank:
  • the academy, because that's what the famous people always say.
  • my readers, for looking at my mug for 30 days straight
  • the Gap, Forever 21, Old Navy and Target for being such cool and cheap places to shop (I'm sure I'm forgetting someone here!)
  • Kendi (of course!), for challenging us to go crazy, I mean to really put our wardrobe to some serious use!
  • TULLE clothing that supplied a few of my items - a few of my most favorite of the 30!
  • my kids for squeezing in pictures and driving me crazy... even though they're sups cute
  • my chambray top who really pulled through for me, I give you the MVP award.
  • the rest of my clothes for waiting patiently - can't wait to get to know you all again!
  • my husband, for believing in me, or not.
Drum roll...




I feel okay admitting this now, but I didn't think I would get to 30. I wanted to quit about a bajillionity times. I'm glad I didn't. This Challenge was awesome, it really stretched me and I'm glad for it.



{HUGE EXHALE} Now the question is... do you EVER want to see an outfit photo from me again? Are you done??? Bwahahaha!

There will be more... I hope. He he!

Details:
Top, JCrew
Jean Shorts, DIY
Belt, F21
Wedges, Target
Clutch, gift from Francesca's

16 comments:

eek said...

Congrats on finishing the challenge. I have loved seeing all your remixes :)

I am almost halfway through with mine. Haven't really had to re-wear too many things just yet, but we'll see how it goes next week!

Linda Rose said...

This is so cute! And we absolutely want to see more outfit pics from you! I'm gonna miss seeing them everyday!

Maria said...

Congrats, I think the challenge was amazing and even more so that you completed it. even though I didn't do it, it really convicted me to use what I have and remix. Thanks for the inpsiration and NO not tired of you honey!

milk tea + polkadots said...

Yay..you're finished! I still like this JCrew top after seeing it a bunch of times! Hehe.

Ashley @ The Hillside Home said...

YAY!!! Congrats! It's been fun following along! :)

Carrie said...

Oh please do! I love seeing what other people wear. I have little to no fashion sense so if I couldn't steal your ideas. . . well, I'd end up in dreaded mom jeans or something.

20 York Street said...

This is a pretty sweet outfit - a great way to finish to the challenge!

Sarah Lenhart said...

Congrats! I'm impressed...I probably would have given up. :)

But it was great seeing how many different ways you can wear 30 pieces of clothing.

dear kate said...

congratulations! i'm glad you did it! you're much braver than i! ha!
katie

Fia said...

Love this! Especially the leopard belt with the ruffle. It's a fun contrast.

Jessica Hills said...

I totally love seeing your outfits!

Maria said...

Hey Jill, do your stairs go straight with the landing or is there a landing and then a turn. If there's a turn, it may be tricky. You could stop the runner at the landing then then restart it with the stairs...not sure how it would look though. A nailgun, made this project a cinch and assured a tight look even with a pretty thick rug underneath. you should be able to rent one from home depot or lowes, hope it works out!!

Couture and Crayons said...

Congrats! You did it and what a great outfit to round out the 30th day!

*plum*tree*studio* said...

I just started following your blog because of the outfits you've been posting. They are such a great inspiration! So hopefully you'll keep doing them. :)

karen★ said...

yay for you! & yay for even posting a really cute outfit on your last day. the clutch is adorable & OF COURSE WE WANT TO SEE MORE! that's why we come by....or that's why i do at least!

(that top never never gets old...mmmm.it's so pretty.)

paula said...

wanted a pair of jean shorts, but never found the perfect pair. oh well.


 

site design by kelly christine studio