Thursday, July 8, 2010

my outfit: white hot!

Oh my white pants... how do I love thee? Let me count the ways....

1. You always look good with a variety of tops...
2. You always make me feel so spiffy...
3. You don't hold a grudge (errr, a stain)...
4. There are more, but I can't think of them now...



I wore this lil' outfit out to lunch with a friend. And while the scarf was perfectly perfect. In all honesty, it ended up getting tied to my handbag strap for lunch because it was like 100 degrees out. But I always like having a scarf along in case a restaurant is chilly. I hate to be so cold!



The absolute best thing about this outfit is that really all it is is a pair of white pants and simple tank. Add in some accessories (gold belt, gold earrings and a scarf) and that is that!



You've probably also noticed that I have been wearing my hair pulled back A LOT. How else can you beat the heat? And the frizz? Hair, I'll see you in September. Miss ya.

Details:
Scarf, Cost Plus World Market (similar)
Tank, Old Navy
Belt, Gap (similar)
White Pants, Gap (similar)
Sandals, F21 (similar)
Earrings, Charlotte Russe (similar)
Wrap Bracelet, F21 (similar)
Purse, Mat & Nat (in grey) (I got mine for way cheaper on GILT)

13 comments:

Ambar said...

Love it! Great outfit and I really love that bag! Purple's my favorite color!

Maggie Rose said...

Love love love this! Hot mama! I'd love to see an outfit like this in "stages" - taking it from just the tank and pants to the full outfit (maybe show some variations that didn't make the cut?). You are workin' it!

ag. said...

I was just thinking about wearing my white pants today, thanks for the inspriation.
Outfit looks great!!!

Melissa said...

I LOVE this! I rarely ever wear anything other than skirts and casual dresses on the weekends when I'm not working. I'd never think to wear white pants with a tank but this came together so beautifully. I may have to try this soon!

Ady said...

White pants are great in the summer time! I love your outfit!

sealaura said...

great look, you look very elegant. I am obsessed with grey in fact I have a little fashion on my blog with grey if you want to check it out today. also love scarfs, they are my weakness, just picked up a gold/mustardy one and I think it will work with my grey obsession.

slip4 said...

I like so many of your outfits, but this may be one of my favorites! So crisp, so simple and so cool! I would love to find some white pants like those.

Elizabeth @claritychaos said...

oh you are just the cutest. I want to dress cute and meet you for lunch!!

dotty said...

i just found your blog and it's really adorable!

so, hi!

AlliJean said...

I love this outfit, so elegant and chic!

I hope you don't take this the wrong way but I've been following your blog for a while and I wish you would smile more often in your photos. You are so beautiful but you usually look a little sad. Sorry, not trying to be a meanie.

Linda said...

i can not get enough of white pants! they're amazing. i think i have 3 pair!
i must say, this is my new favorite blog! i love that you wear practical outfits.i freeze like the dickens in the wintertime, so it was good to see some good options.
thanks for inspiring me!

Dobbygirl said...

Super fab! I still haven't gotten around to getting some white pants, darn. Love the purple bag!!!

karen★ said...

You look completely hot! This has to be one of my favorite all time favorites....& I think it might be next on my "things to copy from Jill" list.

Did I mention that you look amazing?