Friday, July 30, 2010

my outfit: 16/30!

30 for 30 Banner

New here? I am doing the 30/30 Challenge with Kendi... (click link above for more info)...

That's where I mix and match 30 wardrobe pieces for 30 days. Whew. I have officially tipped the half-way point. The fun just doesn't stop...

When I started the challenge I knew it would be difficult to choose items that I would "feel" like wearing for 30 whole days. I've mentioned before that they way I dress is emotional for me. (My husband would laugh and say "what's not emotional for Jill?" Ha!). Thinking back on the original selections, I am glad I included this maxi dress. It's comfortable and looks great while being completely effortless. Effortless is good, very good.



There are some things (maybe two or three) that I haven't even worn at all yet. To that I say... "choose your friends wisely, and your 30 items even wiser-ly... er, something...". You would think I would be jumping to wear said items, but I'm not and that worries me... because I could use a couple extras right now. Wait until you see outfits 17 - 30... they are going to look, decidedly, "familiar", shall we say?

I wore this outfit to church on Sunday. Are you confused because that was like 5 days ago? Yes, so am I. I forgot to post the pictures and they got lost in what is the craziness of my laptop-desktop. Even more crazier than my IRL desktop. It's the "new" place to get all messy and then organize. So I found these photos there all edited and everything. Maybe the photo-taking-and-editing fairy really is real!

Details:
Maxi Dress, Old Navy (similar)
Wedges, Target (similar)
Necklace, Estate Sale (similar)

6 comments:

Dobbygirl said...

I love this look - I really need to invest in a maxi dress - perhaps today :o) As usual, you look fab!!!

diane @ a spot of whimsy said...

i'm completely in love with this necklace, jill! really makes the outfit special.

dear kate said...

you look great! the necklace is a perfect accessory for this dress!
katie

b.a. said...

ooooh! so pretty! i love the maxi. the other day i saw a girl who was totally as short as me and she was rocking a maxi. if she hadn't been on her cell phone i totally would have asked her where she got the maxi for midgets. or maybe she just had it hemmed...

(i know "midgets" is totally not pc. sorry, small friends, but "little people" just did not work with my alliteration.)

basiccravings said...

Oooh! Love this!

coolkids said...

adore this look! Love the necklace. I am a new follower. Love your blog!


 

site design by kelly christine studio