Thursday, April 22, 2010

my outfit: does this bag make my butt look big?*

Err... actually, this bag hides my entire butt (big or not)!

The real question here is: Is this bag too ridiculously big? I'm torn. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the bag... I ordered it on GILT so I didn't exactly see it in person first. But let's face it - this thing is HUGE. The thing is that I like it so much I don't think I really care.

If all else fails I will make it my gym bag, I kinda need a new one. If I actually left the house once in a while (kids SO cramping my style) it would be perfect to hold a light cardigan, some mags and my laptop.

This angle isn't so bad...


But the bag is growing...


And the money shot... this is one big a-- bag!


Thoughts?!?! I know you girls always have them for me! :)

*that's a joke, btw.

Details:

Handbag, Deux Lux (but I got mine way cheaper on GILT!)
Top, Target
Blazer, Gap (similar)
Jeans, Forever 21 (similar)
Sandals, Forever 21 (similar)
Belt, Gap (similar)

11 comments:

Lisa said...

I love the bag--looks like it would be a great tote. My only concern with big bags is that if they're too cavernous I have trouble finding stuff (wallet, sunglasses, cell phone, etc.). I hope this bag has some interior pockets to help keep you organized. I say carry that bag proudly and I suspect you'll get many compliments on it.

sara said...

I love a big bag so I am probably no the person to ask. I like it a lot.

Team Botanical said...

Wow. You weren't kidding. Seriously big bag. But it's cute and you love it, so use that baby.

After all, it's not like it's crafted out of a heinous fake Coach print or anything.

Lauren said...

in love with the bag. you rock it well :)

Cassie said...

I love that bag!! And I was expecting it to be much bigger, so no, I don't think it is too big :)

Carol Smyth said...

Love it!!

Natalie said...

I like big bags! They are totally cute! :)

karen said...

you know how much stuff i think needs to go in a bag, so if you add a whooooole lot more, you'll have the perfect bag for it! totally kidding! i absolutely love it & it looks great, so wear it with pride!

p.s. added bonus - movie theater sneak ins for your tots will be even easier!

Boy Crazy said...

no such thing as too big a bag, in my opinion. I love it!

e.

Andrew said...

I think you have a perfect bottom, regardless of the size or shape of the bag on your shoulder. I'm about to get on the plane in Taipei and can't wait to see you...

With Love, your hubby

Kristen said...

big bags make the women carrying them appear tinier than they actually are.
:)
and if you take it to MVP, you would fit right in with the glitzy mamas.


 

site design by kelly christine studio