Friday, November 20, 2009

Fashion Formula: Edgy Preppy!

JCrew exudes a new trend in dressing that I call "edgy preppy" - all the preppy aspects of styling are there (think: cardigans, layers, blazers, poplin) but with a wrench thrown in to the outfit in the form of something completely unexpected (think: sequins, tough jewelry, distressed denim).













(photos above via JCrew)

Here I'll try and tackle the edgy preppy from one angle, however, the options are limitless and the more layers and unexpected details you can add, the better. With edgy preppy more = more.


Layer One: Embellished Top



Layer Two: Blazer/Cardigan
(choose one or two)


Bold Necklace
(choose one or two)


Distressed Denim

7 comments:

Living It At Home said...

I love this look! Thank you for breaking it down. It makes it easier to digest. I love your blog and have found many inspiring outfits that I would love to wear. Now I just have to buy the pieces and get it together!

~jamilyn

Staley Mc said...

This is a great look Jill, this formula is perfect!!

sara said...

Love the Fashion Formulas you do!

Magchunk said...

AKA the key to JCrew's success. Love these combos.

prashant said...

It makes it easier to digest. I love your blog and have found many inspiring outfits

Web hosting india

paula said...

this is so me. love all your picks.

Reagan said...

So THIS is what my "style" is. Turns out I have a ton in my closet that would help me pull this off right now.

Man, I love this blog and your great ideas!


 

site design by kelly christine studio