I'm working on putting together my daughter's "big girl" room... it's currently at a very awkward DURING stage. The during stage can be draining and frustrating and pretty much that is where I am at right now with it.
So lets focus on more happy thoughts... shall we?
Here's the before... I loved her before, but call me crazy, after having a crib in my house for 5 + years... I. AM. DONE.
Without further ado... the nursery (which seems silly saying for my now two year old!):
Her sweet little shoes all in a row. I just love little kids shoes... especially the small ones. I love showcasing her collection here (this is only a portion of course... the rest are strewn around the house, likely). A girl has gotta have shoes...
From this photo... the mirrored dresser and the large "A" I found at the antique store will remain in the room (although I am taking suggestions on new paint colors for the dresser... this green color looks a little blah against the walls - which will also stay the same).
Adorable as they are... the red crib and changer will GO. I love them dearly but they need a new home (if you know some one let me know... they have been on craigslist for a week with no takers, seems crazy to me, but I guess I am partial). Of course the rocker will go too.
Here's the inspiration for the new room:
The look I am going for is "sweet boho"... here's how I hope to accomplish it.
- The bedding is REALLY cute in person (although I hate to even admit I went to Walmart to seek it out) - and cheap! Polka dot sheets (what is sweeter than polka dots?) and a purple quilt.
- The artwork/wall hangings I am working on snagging from other rooms or doing some diy stuff - stay tuned for that! It will have similar metal, floral and nature elements as I chose here.
- The bed from IKEA is pretty much what I would buy for myself if I were a young girl. So yes, yes I am living vicariously.
- A smattering of throw pillows to boho it up a bit.
- The large letter "A" (second pic) was a great antique store find. It was love at first sight when I saw it... I starred at it for likely a whole minute before I realized, "duh, your daughter's name starts with an 'A'".
So with all these dets... seriously, any ideas on paint colors for the dresser? Bright turquoise? Bright pink? DO TELL!