Thursday, May 14, 2009

Work it Wednesday (on Thursday)!

Sorry Work it Wednesday is a day late... This is one of my favorite "series" around here, but yesterday got away from me! So, whew, here we are... let's work it ladies!

So do you "tunic"? To me tunics are easy, breezy and beautiful - er, that is a commercial. But no really, a tunic is usually highlighted by beautiful detailing and adornments, they are tailored in a way that allows for comfort and movement... and as you can see with my outline below - they make an "outfit" in a snap! So yes, beautiful, breezy and easy! Isn't this Tory Burch tunic to die for!?!?! (sigh)



Love the tunic look and want some cheaper options? Glad you asked...

6 comments:

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Oh I agree that tunic is too die for! I love it along with everything else you posted. That marc jacobs bag is so chic! Why can't all his bags be in the special section part of his store!

Carrie said...

I love the look of tunics but am always afraid I can't pull them off because I am, um, vertically challenged, only 5'3". Think I can still wear them without looking too stumpy?

ms. less is always more said...

thanks for the comment Carrie! If you are worried about a tunic will make you appear shorter (which is valid btw), then I have two suggestions. The first would be to pair the ensemble with heels... Even as short as a kitten heel would do. The other option is to choose a tunic that falls no lower than your hips... For instance a tunic that covers your whole bottom would be too long. If you fund one you really like but feel it maybe too long, simply take it to the tailor to have it hemmed a bit! A tailor likely won't charge much ($7-$10) and you will def be pleased with the outcome!

down and out chic said...

i'm a fan of the tunic for sure, especially if i'm looking for something more relaxed.

Jess Constable said...

These are cute! I know you are into the sale sites, have you tried Hautelook.com? My friend recommended them.

Emily said...

I love tunic's and you do a great job making that seemingly difficult one seems as versatile as a white tee. really adorable.


 

site design by kelly christine studio